1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hidden "gems"

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Sorvo, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The first one you can find is literally a gem :p A diamond stuck in a tree along the path to the FAI on the first screen after CandleKeep. Just north of the evil ones ;)

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I can't believe I never found that before. Good find!

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It took him 2 days to find it after I had told him where it was. :lol:

I think the first "hidden" gem is actually the gem in the locked nightstand in Candlekeep Inn.

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, but unless you're a thief with high enough lock pick skill, that locked nightstand is out of reach for most.

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    2 days? You told me that last summer, I just forgot about it :p You also told me "trunk" which in my mind is the part that comes out of the ground! I also used my Barbarian Rage to open that chest to get the star sapphire :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You need to go back to kindergarten if you don't know what the trunk of a tree is. :p

7. Sorvo

Media:
    I guess your right, I was never taught properly. Time to go to the next screen and grab that ring off of the "boulder"?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can grab two rings from boulders actually - one on the coast way (Ring of the Princes +1) and another one near the Friendly Arm Inn. (Ring of Wizardry)
    While you're at it, pick up the ankheg armor from some farmers field in Nashkel as well, and a free wand of frost from yet another tree stump on the Nashkel Mines map.

9. Sorvo

Media:
    I know of these others already, I was just asking Keneth if I used the proper termanology. umm, isn't the Ring of Wizardry at the "trunk" of the pine tree lying in some tiny boulders, oh yeah rocks!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Are these free pick ups still there in the extended version?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

11. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Yes, all of them can still be picked up in the enhanced edition.

12. henkie

Media:
    What is the ring of princes, and where is it found exactly?

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    It's a standard Ring of Protection +1. They changed the name in EE to make it sound more fancy.

14. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Like keneth said, its a standard ring of protection +1. you can find it in a hollow rock on the coast way, just a bit north of where you first meet Elminster.

15. Sorvo

Media:
    It's more east than north and wouldn't a rock that size be a boulder?

16. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Only if you're a geologist. :rolleyes:

SlickRCBD likes this.
  17. Sorvo

Media:
    I took geology in high school, does that count? :p

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    As a rule of thumb, a boulder is any rock that's too big for a single person to move. It's still a rock though.

19. henkie

Media:
    So whether it's a rock or boulder depends on your str?

20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Exactly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.