1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MotB: Do I get my items back if I've exported my OC PC?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by dcc74, Dec 20, 2016.

1. dcc74 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just about to finish prepping for King of Shadows fight, and trying to plan ahead for what goodies I need or want to keep. What about my gold?

I know in NWN 1, I was able to hoard all my stuff and bring it along from the OC to the 2nd one (forgot name) and HotU.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You get to keep all your equipped items except for your weapon(s). IIRC you loose your gold.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is that specific for a module, or is it always the case that you only keep your equiped armour and items? That sounds like kind of a step down from NWN, if it does.

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think it is specific for MoTB because it's part of the story that the first NPC you encounter enchants a weapon for you, but I can't say for sure.

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The reason you don't get to keep your weapon is that the narrative in both OC and MotB spends considerable focus on the Silver Sword of Gith. As per the narrative, you lost the sword when the ruins came crashing down after the defeat of the King of Shadows. Somebody who takes an interest in your Knight-Captain character during MotB will have gone through the trouble of kidnapping you to start MotB, and recovering the Silver Sword for her own purposes.

You also lose all gold, and you don't get to bring any items that were not equipped, Bags of Holding included.

6. dcc74 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Alright thanks. Looks like I'll want to enhance/enchant as much of my gear as possible before the end/export occurs. I tend to want to save things for when I REALLY need them, but I guess that won't matter here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.