1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 4 pros and cons

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Dice, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like the graphics of this game and the ability to be able to use junk to make things however I missed the experience I had from playing Fallout 3.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm also currently playing fallout 4 - i like how the commonwealth seems more varied then the capital wasteland, and the new settlement building and power armor mechanics.
    That said, i did kind of sideline the main quest and just started going out there exploring - i'm already level 43, and beyond meeting codsworth/rebuilding sanctuary and saving the minutemen in concord, i havn't progressed the main quest at all.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I really got into building settlements although the more you build the more you have to do to maintain all that you have built. The problem with the minutemen is that after you do a handful of quests for them, the quests start to repeat themselves. It gets kind of boring when you find yourself at some town you've already cleaned out and then you have to go and do the same thing over without any new rewards.

4. catbert

catbert Midnight Snack Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is a driving mechanic of Bethesda games. Fallout 4 gameplay is almost entirely comprised of that.

Wayward Son likes this.
  5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Pros: It's a Fallout game (kind of).
    Cons: It's a Bethesda game (unfortunately).

BasilShim likes this.
  6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wouldn't worry about that. In my current playthrough, I'm level 85 and I just started the "Reunions" in the main game. The exploration and the settlement building are too much fun.

For me, Fallout 4 is the most enjoyable game I've ever played. It's not even close.

The cons – like the repetitive evergreen quests and the usual Bethesda gameplay bugs – are pretty minor. I will also admit the main story isn't the most amazing. But the DLC is excellent and the overall gameplay is outstanding. I even like the companions in this game (I hated them in Fallout 3).

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Whoa, haven't seen you around in a long time, DR. Welcome back!

Bethesda games are all about exploring, not so much the quests or the story, both of which are generally quite lacklustre.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.