1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

To all you Evildoers out there

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Black Rose, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Black Rose Guest

*this coming from a self-proclaimed Goody Goody.. LG all the way, never even touched an evil quest*

How do you nefarious folk define evil?

Do you butcher innocent civilians in the streets of Athkatla etc? No remorse - Death claims all!

Or do you practice a more subtle cruelty: only perform evil when a specific quest branch comes up (ie I believe you can poison the Shadow Druid stronghold instead of fighting Faldorn)?

Just wondering what the general consensus is. If you did the former, wouldn't the cowls and Amnish guards be after you in 10 minutes or so? :)

2. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Strictly say I'm not evildoer, just like evilformed party anyway, maybe I would do most of quests in the good way.:D

However, if I'm addicted in curiosity or bad temper, I'll sacrifice some innocents to see whether the world would fall.:evil:

About the punishment, whenever you are leader there, a rep of 9 or so will surely solve the problem, just don't go nuts I say!:p

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited November 25, 2001).]

3. Xyclos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

true evil is not slaughtering a few people in the street, it is the manipulative, behind the scenes plotting and scheming that ruins innocent lives by death and otherwise. chaotic evildoers are not true evil, its the lawful evil ones that really ruin the world

4. Demonater351 Guest

My definition of evil: if you glow red when my Cavalier casts Detect Evil, then prepare to meet his Holy Avenger. Launcelot, Anomen, and Minsc: bringing to evil the divine wrath that is Torm, Helm, and Boo!

5. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Oh, yes. I love messing up the cities with my diabolical schemes of slaughter and mayhem. The game allows SO MUCH OF THAT!

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Only evil guy I ran was too cowardly to do any real evil. He only did anything evil when a) he thought he could get away with it
    and b) It didn't involve picking a fight with anyone who might be stronger than him.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited November 25, 2001).]

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] The evil is letting the linch mob to burn someone alive. Also to attack someone just because of prejudices.

The evil itself is to sentence someone to death without a better argument than you don't like that someone.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 25, 2001).]

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When i play evil it doesnt show so much in my actions as how I think when I play. The druid quest is really stupid not even the most evil person would do it the evil way. The would have killed the person that gives the mission for being an ass, you have to go through tons of dialouge and you have to confirm a 1000 times that yes I am evil i will poison the grove and miss all the XP and all the coll stuff.
    When I am evil I just act selfish ask for rewards and don´t do stuff that don´t gain me. But the game is made for being good.

9. Lord Sarevok Guest

Extremist, you always turn BG into some kind of race war! That's not evil, that's stupidity! A true evil person only does things that will personally benefit him, or simply because he CAN do them. Evil people are inherantly lazy as well and always want to easy way out. That being said, there is a very thin line between evil and stupidity. Actually in most cases none at all :D.

10. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You can always check the Creativity Surge for some evil stories. :evil:

As for me, I've only played two evil characters so far; one being a stupid and egoistic mercenary-type, and the other a real maniac...

11. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Evil is in the eye of the beholder, (not the monster) a bit like beauty.

How many of you would call Bin Ladens followers Evil?

Most of you yet they don't think they are, they think they are following in the steps of Muhamed (sp). So does this make them evil? Do I make sense?

12. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I do what is the best for me, and don't care about the others. I laugh at the people's weaknesses, and I lie them everytime when I can. If somebody stands in my way, I'll kill him, and have no regret. I enjoy to manipulate the community, and bend the laws to my benefit.
    And I am Thingol, the NE fighter/thief/mage.

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'd have to disagree with you on the Druid quest. It's about the one thing my coward dude actually did evilly - on two points, one- it's just the government who gets unhappy about it, and they don't pay as well as merchants.
    two- It avoids direct confrontation, which could get very nasty.
    Incedentally my guy even did the hell tests the good way
    *SPOILER*
    Pride - Me? fight a dragon - nooooo, sir - I'l just grovel and beg
    Fear - Protection from fear? But I've kept alive by running away so far...
    Selfish - Face Irenicus with one less ally to hide behind? - you must be joking!
    Greed - Take whatever you want, nice Mr. Genie, please don't be casting your nasty spells on me now....
    Sarevok - I don't want to get all worked up so I forget to run away from a fight when it gets too tough...

14. Lord Sarevok Guest

That sounds all good to me. I would have thought your guy would take the cloak though.

15. Satanatron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Greetings evil allies.

Since I am the Anti-christ and heir to the throne of my father, the lord of darkness himself, I think I am obligated to grace your presence with a few words.

If one is evil in the most corrupt sense, attempt to finish the game with your reputation lingering on "villian" status as well as completing the viler paths available during quests. Only then can you truely legitamately call yourself evil.

Muwahahahahahahhahaha!

(Sorry, but the culmination of an evil speach usually lacks real crediblity usless it ends in a the standard prerequisite hiddeous laugh of treachery).

Satanatron the Vain One

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.