1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favourite carb?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 26, 2013.

?

What is your favourite carb?

1. potatoes

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. rice

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. pastas

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. fruits

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. breads

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. other

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Visiting Charleston SC for my 10th anniversary put low country grits high on the list for me....

2. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Carbs...... oh you mean carbohydrates. Since they use grain to make Scotch then that is my favorite carb. Besides you know the doctors office always keep the thermometers in alcohol to kill the germs. I keep my alcohol level above eye level and thus I never get sick. I have a shot everyday to keep the flu at bay.;)

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
    -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Costner was so bad in that movie.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least he didn't try a phoney accent...

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I thought the movie was half decent, for what it was, a modern version(at the time) with several one-liners and characters added for comedic value. Friar Tuck was well done. As were several of the Sherwood bandits and the Sherriff of Nottingham was a hilarious villian with sarcastic flair. I enjoyed it. Much better than the Patrick and Uma version.

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Bring a friend.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ah, it was ok viewing from a purely cathartic point of view I guess. Costners complete inability to even attempt the vaguest of northern English accents drove me a bit crazy and spoiled he viewing.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    And this relates to carbohydrates in some esoteric way that I cannot readily perceive?

Y'know, we have this whole forum (the Sensorium) dedicated to things like movies and media and whatnot . . .

Just sayin'.

:p

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Besides "Ham" is protein - therefore Costner just doesn't fit in. :p

11. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    BREAD! Everything I eat is encompassed in that great invention of the earl of sandwich :p

12. Jutterstub Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Potato

Fry'em, mash'em, stick 'em in a stew:)

13. Gafonator Gems: 1/31

Since I've been doing a lot of translations in one day I found out that eating a piece of fruit (a banana, apple, tangerine, whatever...) every hour or two or so makes one's brain allways on the roll.

It's nothing like drinking an energy drink, it's just a feeling "you have your brain in shape and u can normally use it" - which, believe me, after even two hours of doing translations is a VERY rare thing to have :]

So it's fruits for me now and forever I guess :]

14. frewwesley Gems: 1/31

I have found the more simple I keep my meals, the more successful I am. But I do make a squash casserole sometimes as a treat that is awesome. Sautee some yellow squash with an onion in some olive oil and a tad of butter. Mix with an 8 oz sour cream and some grated cheese and a little garlic, salt and pepper. Put into a baking dish. Bake about 30 min at 350 then top with cheese and crunch about 6 ritz crackers over the top to give it a little extra texture. MMMMMMMMM good

15. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bread by far is the winner. It is what makes the Jewish holiday of Passover so difficult.

16. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Rice, because sushi. Bread is a close second, though.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Rice. Love me some Chinese fried rice with dark soy sauce and toasted sesame oil. So good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.