1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there any way to keep a drow cloak?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not without mods.

3. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    This. The bg2tweaks pack has a component that lets you either disable the disintegration completely, or have it happen over the course of several in-game weeks (to more closely match PnP)
    Also, if i remember correctly the Solaufein mod has a non disintegrating drow piwafi cloak you can nab if you take along the titular npc along in your party.

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    When I ran the tweaks mod I didn't choose the gradual decay of drow items or whatever it says. I thought that would just mean the items disintegrated as soon as they hit sunlight but I've been wearing a drow cloak for a bit now and it's still there. I have another in my pack just to see if that mattered but it's still there too.
    Yes I had to eekeeper them in.
    Eagerly waiting for an updated Solaufein mod :banana:

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    yeah, as far as i am aware, the script that checks for the items and destroys them only runs when you leave the underdark. if you cheat them in before/after that point, nothing of note should happen to them.

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Sweet! :thanks:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The check for drowning item decay happens in the three wooded areas that appear after the underdark. If you put items in a bag of holding before leaving the underdark they should survive the transition - when you're finished with those areas you can leave and re-equip the items from the bags.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Scripts can find items in bags of holding, especially in EEs. You'd have to get much more creative to keep them. There are also some other checks for drow items in the scripts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.