1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Great Trick for Keeping Drizzt's Items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jesper898, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1Just use shadowkeeper to replace Malchor Harpells imoens belt with another one, and then ctrl+y him whenever he appears
    2when he casts imprisonment on you use ctrl+r on yourself
    Yeah i know it is cheating, but with my current char im roleplaying that bodhi killed drizzt and he told me to use his swords for good before he died :)

[ August 30, 2002, 18:49: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I know an easier way :o . Get the mod that alows you to keep his items. :rolleyes: :D

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

What does Ctrl-R do against imprisonment? I seem to remember that cheat only works if the char is in your party. With imprisonment, he will not be.

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

it removes the imprisonment that is being cast on you

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah it perhaps removes it but who/what are you going to target??? :rolleyes:
    Whe a character is imprisoned it removes him from your party same as dead character blown to pieces(over -10 HP IIRC).

6. JTG Dragon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It could work. I'm playing an inquisitor and when he triggered the maze -trap of Guarded Compound I quickly cast Dispell magic over him and voilá, no maze!

7. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

when you see the spell animation use ctrl+r on yourself

8. Gothmog

Why don't we just make characters immune to maze, imprisonment, charm, confusion,... :p ;) ;)
    It would make the same thing :)

P.S. yeah i forgot 100% magic resistance ;)

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Which won't do a darned thing against imprisonment.

10. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Once I got so irritated by mages or the like casting Imprisonment, Disintegrate, Flesh to Stone, and all other instant death spells at my solo mage, Davaeorn, that I imagined he once created the "Golden Ring of Immunities":
    -Immunity to Death Magic (too many to name)
    -Mind Shield (very helpful!)
    -Free Action
    -Immunity to Time Stop (way too pissed off at liches and high level mages!) :mad:

Yeah, yeah, it's heavy cheating, but come on, i'm a solo mage, for Mystra's sake! :( :(

PS: I used Infinity Engine Editor Pro to make it as well as about 20 other items and 10 spells.

PPS: WOW!! I'm way off topic!! Terribly sorry! :o :o :o :o

11. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Davaeorn you're just making up excuses for cheating.
    Soloing a mage isn't that hard anymore as you gain a couple of levels,
    some even find it easier.

12. Gothmog

This certanly is cheating. Face it ;) It isnt bad if the game is easier :p If it suits your stile... Well then just go for it.
    I know some people doesnt like to restart battles 20-times only to make a save against X
    Its easier to roleplay :)

But h+the effects you counted can be gained throught other items in original game as well:

-ring of free action
    -mind shield plenty of items and IIRC a spell
    -There is something against death magic but i dont know what it is nor if a mage can use it :( :(

Anyone else knows?

13. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] The thing is that it was one of my first creations. I was fighting Kangaxx when my Spell Turning ran out :( . So while stuck in some hellish subplane, I asked myself what could I do to prevent this. Yetta, yetta, the ring was born. I dont use it anymore anyway.

Anyway, back to the topic: I'd like to know why Drizzt's stuff is so...wanted. +3 scimitars and chainmail w/AC1 ? :confused: what's the attraction?

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31

And a +5 scimitar that gives +2 bonus to AC.

15. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Is it possible to drop the weapons once the guy comes looking for you? Could it be done?

16. Gothmog

Defender(+5 scimitar) actualy strikes as a +5 weapon???
    IIRC it has +3 to THAC0 and damage and not 5 as it should :( :( A great thing is to dualwield defender and Belm+2 :D

17. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Aren't there better weapons than Dizzt's? Like Blackrazor and Celestial Fury to name a few. Sorry but I don't understand all this hype surrounding Drizzt's scimitars.

18. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Nor do I. Plus, IIRC, his weapons can only be used by good aligned characters so that rules out anyone evil.

To each his/her own, I suppose, but I think there are much better weapons out there.

19. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Yes there is better weapons, but not better scimitars. And the chainmail is the best in the game (fighter mages and thief mages can use it and still cast spells!)

20. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

True. Point taken.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.