1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dunno, things have been picking up here lately, and I've been enjoying it. It still isn't close to the glory days of the early 2000s, but still an improvement.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm going to install a proper chat addon so that Keneth will be able to idle in style. :D

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Meh. I have no interest in idling on a chat app. That's what IRC is for. :p

4. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Attack on Titan is one of the manga i dropped. I like the concept of it, but for as long as the series is getting, the plot wasn't moving forward fast enough for my liking.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Many manga suffer from that. Fairy tail for instance.

6. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Yeah, a lot of long lasting manga/anime take a long time to get to the point, usually with a ton of filler episodes for the anime to avoid it catching up with the manga.
    What i hate more is when i find a really good manga, but after one or two volumes, nothing is released anymore because the series was dropped, or the scanlation group stops working on it.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, that tends to be the case with all serial media and it's even worse when they don't tie up the arcs after it gets cancelled.

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Well, when an artist has plans for a plotline to fill up at least 2-3 volumes, then gets told his manga will be cut after 2-3 more chapters, it's going to be hard to bring everything to a satisfactory close if any.
    In the end, it's all down to the publishers that decide what gets published and what gets axed in favor of something more popular.

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hello, it's me. I've been wondering if after all these years you guys and gals were still here.

New software looks great. I guess I've been gone for over a year or so. I was going to post in the big hello again thread, but couldn't find it, but at least the random babbling thread seems eternal. I got into blacksmithing, in real life not gaming, and all of my non-working time has been involved with that and on forums about it. It is great fun, and I am still a rank amateur, but after a four day set of classes I know a little bit more. Believe it or not, on one of the sites they set up a forum based RPG involving blacksmithing, which led me to wonder whether any life signs were to be seen over here in the role play forums, but alas, there are none. At least the role play forum has a nice mausoleum where one can go look at the well preserved corpses of long ago. Good to see some recognizable avatars still here.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    WB Scot, the hello thread is in the SS forum, so you missed it if you didn't look there. Blacksmithing sounds interesting, post some pics in our new gallery if you've got anything to show already.

And yea, nice description of our inactive forums there. :shake:

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Blacksmithing can be super gratifying. Unfortunately, my constitution has never allowed me to really get into it. I'll never be a master smith, but I can link together a mean chain mail. :shake:

As for RP, the only place where I still see forum-based RPing happening is on forums largely dedicated to such shenanigans (GitP, PF official forums, etc.). I prefer VTTs anyway.

12. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    I'd argue that virtual tabletops are pretty much RP sessions with some added bells and whistles :p

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I fail to see your point.

14. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    . <- This is my point. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Merlanni likes this.
  15. Taluntain

Media:
    Why are the points square, anyway? :hmm:

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    They squared up against the coming bullets. ••• ━╤デ╦︻

17. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    I assume it's because of the font the forum uses ?

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Growing up is a painful process and has its drawbacks.

19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Costs money.

20. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Costs time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.