1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I fear for my country with who is running for President

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by SlickRCBD, Mar 2, 2016.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's what they said about her husband a quarter of a century ago and yet he got elected. She's just repeating a successful strategy.
    Heck, IIRC at a couple of debates Bush outright called him out on it.
    He also said things like "Go on, waffle on in there" after accusing Clinton of waffling on the issues.
    Now people are saying the same about Hillary.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Which is why I hate democracy. People are stupid and confirmation bias runs rampant when it comes to famous people like presidential candidates.

Elections have nothing to do with electing the most appropriate leader. It's just a nation-wide popularity contest where the voice of reason is drowned by the shouts of brainwashed masses.

Speaking of Clinton...

[​IMG]

3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    One thing I can't understand. Everybody I knew before the primary was saying things about how they were afraid of Trump and did not like Hillary. Yet somehow Trump and Hillary won Illinois.
    If everybody hated them, why didn't they vote for somebody else? They are even more vocal about it now.

Or was it just my friends and family that hated them, and yet everybody else liked them?
    Or worse, did most of the people I know fail to cast their votes? I don't know if they actually voted. I did and it wasn't for either of those two.

Truthfully, I couldn't decided between Kasich or Sanders. I liked Kasich better but did not think he had much of a chance of winning. So I looked at the other candidates for both parties for the rest of the ballot, made a list of which ones I'd find acceptable, then when I got to the poll I flipped a coin. Heads I go with the elephants, tails I pin the vote on the donkeys (though it looks like they finally phased out the punch pin and it is all electronic).

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    While I was never a Trump supporter through the primaries, I am all in on him now. Here is why. I believe we desperately need someone as President who is not a lawyer and is more interested in getting things done than pleasing everyone. I believe all the scary thoughts about Trump are all made up by hysterical moonbats (I especially like people who are worried that he will pop off nuclear weapons) . I don't believe for a second that he is racist, xenophobic, homophobic, or any of the other things he has been accused of. From what I can see all of these accusations are twisting of his position to suit a narrative. As an example, I don't believe for a second that he hates Mexicans or people of Latin culture. However, he does believe that we need to secure the southern border and we should only allow people in to the country that we want in the country. However, it is easier to paint him as racist and ignore that what he really wants to do is what a large portion of the population actually wants done. People like to quote his rapist, criminal, etc. rant. He is accurate, those are the Mexicans we do not want in this country. We can do perfectly fine without the Mexican gangs, etc. However, Trump, and I believe the vast majority of people are perfectly OK with taking on hard working taxpayers. If you want to come here and collect welfare, we don't need you and should ship you back and/or prevent you from ever coming (Pay attention Europe).

Maybe I could have stomached Sanders as at least he seems honest. He may be misguided, but he is trustworthy. Clinton is a career criminal. The evidence of the Clinton Foundation collecting money from foreign governments while she was Secretary of State is enough to be considered bribery as far as I'm concerned. How she is considered the great defender of women, when she spent her life shredding the reputation of everyone that Willy was accused of raping or having sex with is beyond comical.

--

Actually you can forget everything I just wrote. I just saw online that Johnny Depp has weighed in and predicted that if Trump won he would be the last president of the United States. I am way too much of a Patriot to want our nation to fade away.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Reminds me of this video. :lol:

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Definitely, dmc, definitely. However fantastic this may sound, something I have to blink my eyes and pinch my own to believe is happening, there is a worse choice than Trump, and that is Hillary.

Apart from her alleged shady arms deals, she says she's going to go farther left than Obama did, and that's already a man who's gone to war against state legislatures and governors defunding Planned Parenthood, which that total renegade and abnegate of a former con law professor wants to override with intimidation and blackmail, and the man who inserts men in women's locker rooms. Mind you, public toilets have booths, so you're alone when sitting on the throne, and urinals usually provide enough shielding from view, but locker rooms are where female teenagers walk partially naked. And Obama wants men admitted there on the mere strength of currently feeling female, according to such a man's own words.

Which means Obama is a straight-cut sex offender and a proper felon, who only can't be prosecuted right now because of the office he holds. And Hillary wants to take it further.

Hillary has also said she wants to force churches to rewrite their dogmas (something which, whether truly or falsely, is believed to have been handed from above, thus beyond a human's ability to overrule) so that homosexual activity (not homosexual orientation) is no longer inconsistent with it. She's pals with Planned Parenthood, whose CEO (unless I got the wrong person there) claims the proudest moment in her life was forcing Christians to pay for abortions.

That is way out of hand and has nothing whatsoever to do with anything remotely touching on due process. The current clique are freebooters in charge of constitutional authority, and Hillary is worse than Obama, by her own admission, nay, proud claim and promise.

Trump has made it abundantly clear what he is, but he doesn't raise to Hillary's level of unacceptability.

@TGS: He's more progressive than the average Republican, unfortunately. He has, lamentably, been quoted as saying Planned Parenthood has done some good work. What's more to say? Regarding his alleged racism, true WASP supremacists don't marry immigrant women, not even for the flesh. He can be a bigot all right, on which I have no opinion, but he can't be a serious racist.

Nonetheless, I denounce the GOP voter base as directly responsible for the disaster and the criminal oppression of the Hillary presidency in case Trump loses to her.

7. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

A well thought out post Chev, and one I agree with. It really is disappointing that we have no anti-PP candidate this time, especially in light of recent events, and I find Obama's executive order just as questionable.

I'm on the Trump Train, but regrettably.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Did I miss something about Planned Parenthood? I don't remember any particular controversies surrounding it.

Or are you just vehemently pro-life?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Both, sans 'just'.

Planned Parenthood has been involved in promoting abortion without considering other options and therefore abortion for its own sake, meaning they aren't even pro 'choice', they are pro abortion. They also trade in baby parts. And they lie and wage a sort of total war wherein everything goes.

As for me, I don't believe that a personal tragedy such as the loss of a job or scholarship, or even rape resulting in pregnancy, or even a risk to one's health, justifies simply taking the life of another human being. Nor does it when one's own life is in danger, though I recognize the difference between those cases and others. Homicide is not an answer. This is something Trump doesn't realize, incidentally.

To any Republicans who would vote Hillary or obstain, I have this one thing to say: the new Chief will get to appoint three justices to SCOTUS. And we all know where the most important decisions are made, and it ain't Congress. A Democrat president means progressive pro-abort justices, who are also pro any sort of extreme gender agenda, which is probably only a smokescreen for whatever the Dems really are up to, all of them being rich people who denounce other rich people as being the source of America's problems.

damedog likes this.
  10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Interesting, I don't think I've ever met anyone who took a hard pro-life stance. Probably because you'd be hard-pressed to find any in groups of non-religious people. It's kind of refreshing to encounter individuals with opposing views who aren't just brainwashed retards parroting things they hear in their ideological circles.

Sounds ominous, probably more so from a perspective of a pro-lifer. I'm one of those people who are unconcerned with morals though, so I don't necessarily think that some of their more questionable actions automatically devalue the entire endeavor or anyone even remotely associated with it.

Silver lining and all that...

11. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I remember that story about planned parenthood made news down here. From memory two kids spent years trying to entrap somebody involved with planned parenthood who would fit with the narrative they'd come up with, but in the end they weren't able to, so they spent another 12 months doctoring hidden camera footage to create their own narrative. Just checking up on the story now, they registered fake charities, fake businesses, used fake IDs, conducted wire and mail fraud, racketeering... footage manipulated to such an extent it has no value in a legal context... Some people took the original story seriously and there was a surge in violence at planned parenthood clinics... In November, Robert Lewis Dear shot and killed three people and wounded nine others at a clinic in Colorado, saying “no more baby parts” to the officers who arrested him..... Jesus Christ...

12. damedog Gems: 15/31

Resourceful Veteran

That sounds so much like the party line that I doubt it's even worth talking about it, but...

The full videos are out there, and the allegations of editing came from a group that was hired by...you guessed it, PP. Not the most objective of ways to come to that conclusion, if you ask me. An independent analysis would be more convincing. Or convincing at all, actually.

Assuming a fake identity to gain acceptance into the group you are trying to investigate is part and parcel of undercover journalism, an important asset to the public. What, exactly, is wrong with it?

Robert Dear was recently found to be mentally incompetent, you know. And even if we assumed for the sake of argument that he wasn't, an isolated incident certainly can't be described as a surge of violence. Also, what is the implication of your statement? That we shouldn't talk about things on the off chance some random crazy will do something bad?

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Careful there, you're starting to sound like a modern liberal. :shake:

Stirring up shit without sufficient evidence for your allegations is a good way to get people hurt. People are easily swayed.

Also, everyone is biased in some way or another. Since humans aren't just automatons, even independent parties that have no interest in the subject matter will eventually form a biased opinion over the course of an investigation. It's important to look at the evidence and claims presented and evaluate their credibility, not just fly into an outrage over every little thing. If we don't, we start devolving into archaic forms of justice and draconian forms of punishment.

14. damedog Gems: 15/31

Resourceful Veteran

Oh, don't get me started on the SJW PC police, if that's what you're referring to.

Well, the sufficient evidence part is still being sorted out. I believe the most recent move in the proceedings was that the financial records of StemExpress got a subpoena after they refused to hand them over on their own. So I guess we'll see.

15. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Party...? I'm in Australia.

Like I said it made news down here.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/c8894fbbe8880b0f94ba37047ed37582

As a general rule I don't argue conspiracy theories or conspiracy theorists, but I did feel compelled to give at least an outside perspective given how... circular the discussion about planned parenthood was.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.