1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Draug Fea and his gang?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by goose, Aug 8, 2001.

1. goose Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What is the best way to kill draug fea and his gang? These are the real mean guys in the Temple District Sewers.

2. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

what i did was take valygar (or if your a ranger or theif use him) then go only far enough that one from drag feu's party is showing, snipe him with some arrows so that he come to u, then attack with the rest of the party

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't find the link right now, but here's the strategy for LOW level party:

Go to Graveyerd district and explore all crypts - in one of them is Crypt King who will drop a sword called Nammarra+2 (when you kill him, of course).
    With this sword's special imbued spell you'll silence spellcasters from that party and they won't be so tough then.
    You can make much use of "haste" and stats improving potions or spells.
    Last, you will probably need a few healing potions - just in case.

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

One chaos spell usually has a good effect :)

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I went overkill on those guys; Chaos, followed by Cloudkill, followed by Ice Storm.

(missed out on some equipment that way, one of the guys shattered)

Then I got lucky with a charm person spell and got their cleric while he was casting "slay living" which I turned on their magic-user. I think even with all of that I still lost at least two guys.

6. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I just decimate them, go blitzkrieg i say!Direct your arrows at that mage first, then send your tanks in to clean out the rest!

7. MrSerious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if you wanna do it with low-level characters, you sneak in with a thief to locate them, then fire off a pair of webs from beyond their line of sight. Then you can go to work with fireballs or whatever area effect spells you prefer, and then move your fighter-types in and start picking at them with bows. That strategy works on most of the npc parties in the game actually(with variations). You'll still have to do some hand to hand, but most likely, you've neutralized their spell casters. Another handy thing to have in these situations is a druid casting the various insect spells.

8. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] That was probably the best battle in my game given the difficulty and that my party was young in the game. I won't go into the whole story as I did that already in the last post about this group, but it took me quite a few tries untill we all survived.

9. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

to make a Draug Fea coctail:

one part web
    one part entangle
    one part cloudkill
    two parts fireball

mix in a few arrows for good measure.

remember, when casting cloudkill, make sure you hold them in place somehow so you can keep hurting them. clerics are good with Hold Person. It is a cheap 2nd level spell for a cleric.

10. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

cast invisibility on me sorc and put on the ring of undetection (can't name it exactly), stand yourself in the center of the draug fea gang and their mage will cast true sight but can see nothing ;), then spell trigger(have three sunfire stored), bah! blast all...and is there anyone alive? :)

11. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Cast chaos(Nalia)+insect plague(Jaheira)+greater command(Viconia) on them. If one of these gets through, and it will, then let Vic cast hold person, let Nalia cast spider spawn and Jaheira summons her cool fire elementals. I finished these goons completely without my fighters!

12. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That sewer vendor can help out quite a bit, too...3x oil of fiery burning, and 3x some cocktail that reduces magic damage and allows you to make all your saving throws automatically.

I hate those frickin' guys.

13. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

1 wand of cloudkill + 1 cloak of non-detection + 2 rings of invisibility = wholesale slaughter.

14. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I always use fireball or whatever it´s name is with my mages when you are just out of screen range. At least twice. Then about two of them dies and the rest of them attack - but they are still hurt and can be wiped out quick as hell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.