1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Floating Disc. Again

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Nobleman, May 26, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Oh Tal. Closed this toppic while I was searching the net for some spelldiscriptions for those poor, never satisfied wizards. :rolleyes:

I have found a website which describes most spells, INCLUDING "tenser's Floating disc".
    Certainly the spell Ribald mentions.
    http://am.bigfreeweb.com/txt/spells/spells.htm

For those of You who doesn't want to go there and look here is the describtion of "Tenser's floating disc" a 1. level spell

Range: 20 yards Components: V, S, M
    Duration: 3 turns + 1 turn/level Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: Special Saving Throw: None

With this spell, the caster creates the slightly concave, circular plane of force known as Tenser's floating disc (after the famed wizard whose greed and ability to locate treasure are well known). The disc is 3 feet in diameter and holds 100 pounds of weight per level of the wizard casting the spell. The disc floats approximately 3 feet above the ground at all times and remains level. It floats along horizontally within its range of 20 yards at the command of the caster, and will accompany him at a move- ent rate of no more than 6. If unguided, it maintains a constant interval of 6 feet between itself and the wizard. If the spellcaster moves beyond range (by moving faster, by such means as a teleport spell, or by trying to take the disc more than 3 feet from the surface beneath it), or if the spell duration expires, the floating disc winks out of existence, and whatever it was supporting crashes to the surface beneath it.

The material component of the spell is a drop of mercur

So stop whining. In PnP there are spell components too :D

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

And I just thought it was some UFO......... ;)

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

whats your plan with it?
    for carrying your gear? :D

sounds pretty useless to me

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

What did You expect from a first level spell? A flying Castle carved out of giant diamond, with numerous archers defending Your treasure? A retoric question. No answer needed. :D
    It covers the basic needs for a wizard who has treasure or other things to carry out from a dungeon. Or used to carry stuff over short distances. Primarily mages who wants to showoff :)

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

WHen the disc floats before you, maybe it helps you to see your enemies first?

6. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have a symphaty for you, butthole_master_thesequel.

7. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Well I don't! Butthole, you'll never be more than a watcher with this behavour.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Following some of his attempts to seek attention I guess he isn´t much different in real life. This led to a certain degree of social isolation.

Hey Butthole, shall I look if I can find a place for you at the zoo? Sharing time, food, place and habits with the baboons could be your favourite lifestyle.

btw - tenser´s floating disk sounds pretty useless to me considering that there is a bag of holding in the game.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited May 29, 2001).]

9. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think butthole will like the zoo idea coz then he might be called more than a watcher and probably some kind of bald monkeys bane hey?

10. Wizard advocate Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] What is butthole's problem? Who is he f***ing? Really, does he have nothing better to do than going around and cursing people out of the blue? And i thought of the floating disc for the benefit of solo mages. And does anybody know why there's dimension door in IWD but not in BG2?

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

By all means Tenser's IS useless!! I never wanted it to be great.. ghhhhhh. I just wanted to tell you what Ribald was talking about. The producers left it out. it's useless in computer-RPG

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.