1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lands of Lore

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ziad, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's easy to miss orbs in those coffins, because you have to angle your view down and look into the coffin from both directions.

So, if you've tried using a mind cluster in the cemetary, do those two big rectangles in level one intrigue you? :p Let me know if you find a way in.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, I've reloaded an old save before starting the Cemetary, and it worked great this time... I explored whatever places I could without using orbs to open crypts, and I found five orbs, which was more than enough to open the Emperor's crypt AND get my hands on the Valkyrie Crossbow.

I'm sick and tired of the undead Dracoid... fortunately, it's over.

I've begun the Claw Mountains, and I'm looking for the Bracers of Valor, which are said to be hidden in a niche somewhere... normally I could care less about those, but I want to try out the Waraxe Traitor I picked up in the Ruins.

Also, while a bit pointless, did you know you can get the throwing dagger in one of the houses in the Huline village enchanted? It turns into the Dagger of Light, which can shoot crystals. Woo.

Mind refreshing my memory as how to upgrade the damn things? It's been eons since I did the Citadel...

3. Blog Gems: 23/31

The Bracers is in that village of little people. One of the huts have a niche. Those guys are so dangerous; I couldn't kill them at max level. I should have tried using the beast at max strength form haha...

The two sword upgrades are done in the room where you get the Dreamstone.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Well, I just finished the Citadel, and this time, I got Darkstorm and the upgraded Thohan's Sword, and it actually was the first time I got them - no kidding - I never thought about dropping them on the pedestral.

Anyway, Darkstorm is one sweet weapon indeed, but I'm disappointed regarding it's looks. I was expecting the same Firestorm look, but with a red handle and black flames. Sure, the black blade looks great, but it wasn't what I expected. Thohan's Sword makes a funny noise when hitting something, and has the same attack power as Darkstorm, it seems, along with faster attack rate but a BLUE blade?!? Meh, whatever.

Anyway, I've reached the Temple in the Savage Jungle and opened the path into the temple... I've explored a bit and I'll just say this: how the hell do you get pass ALL those damn blue spiders?!? There are just too many to kill!

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Traitor isn't a great weapon. Considering you get both Thohan's and Darkstorm at around the same time, there's little point in bothering with it. But it's fun if you're trying to get a little weapons collection (I usually drop mine somewhere in the Savage Jungle, in several piles). I didn't know about the Dagger of Light though!

Thohan's and Darkstorm, once upgraded, are very similar weapons. The difference is in the spells they cast. Thohan's does a Lightning storm, which is very powerful, but it has a tendency to fizzle often (like Longbow Shift, but unlike Shift Thohan's actually does work from time to time). Darkstorm drains life from the target, so it does less damage than Thohan's but on the long run I found it much more useful. With 2 rings of regenration and Darkstorm, there is simply no way your health can ever get to zero.

The spiders are very, very, very irritating. They're also the main reason I'd rather play the game as evil (you get a green gem from killing the Savage ones, and don't need to bother with a good deal of the temple). I think Spark 5 works on them. I remember clearing most of them by using the Storm Crystals I'd been hoarding. It's a little pointless though, because they will keep respawning. Actually now that I think of it, it should be possible to block them at the source. I think there's only a couple of passages out of their respawning room, so if you block these with an ice or stone cube (probably the only use for the things)it could make things much easier.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31

I never found out that throwing weapons were meant to be clicked on the main screen until the end. I thought you equip them like other ranged weapons. But when I tried to get rid of one, I threw it away and saw how it was supposed to work!

The spiders respawn in a room down under, where the fireballs shoot out from. You can block them with stone/ice cubes, BUT make sure you don't stand around and watch. If you do, the spiders will attack through anyways. If you don't, the barrier works and you can clear out all the spiders with worrying about the respawns.

7. Disciple of The Watch

I won't contest that. HOWEVER, Traitor proves it's worth and usefulness during the Citadel, and in fact proves to be quite a boon, at least until obtaining Darkstorm and/or Thohan's sword.

During my last run in the Citadel, I kept Traitor equipped (with the Bracers of Valor, of course), and remember that Ruloi you stumble across in the entrance of the Citadel? To my surprise, one single swing dispatched it. Traitor kills Ruloi with ONE strike, so it's worth carrying it just for that part. One-shot-one-kill-ing Ruloi is fun. :evil:

So, I've decided to play as evil this time, and I've gotten the Crystal Shard and some weird circlet-looking thing from the Shaman's hut, and I basically have reached the Temple part. What now, then? What parts did playing evil spared me? What do I do in this damn place? Oh, and I can avoid the darn spiders - Coward's Target Shield is tha best. They can't see me, they can't pester me.

I've also decided to left Dawn rotting in the Citadel. Who gives a crap about a blonde [censored] anyway?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Well, I just beaten the game.

The evil ending was good, but not great... the part that pissed the hell out of me is having to deal with the Draracle after killing Belial... out of Ancient's stones, out of Mana, but those odd plasma-throwing things restored me mana somehow, so I was able to whack the moron into oblivion.

I haven't found out the use of the circlet thing, though... Ziad, Blog, any idea what this junk is for? And while we're at it, what is the use of the Jeweled Scarab?

9. Ziad

Media:
    No idea regarding either item. I'm sure all items have some use or other, but no FAQ I've seen seems to account for these two.

I didn't know Traitor was so good against the Ruloi. I had a hell of a time killing the buggers in Citadel. I'll definitely keep this in mind if I replay the game!

10. Blog Gems: 23/31

No idea about either too :( I couldn't figure out the circlet playing as good, and I doubt playing evil would change anything.

This game seems like it's full of loose ends, both for the items and on the map.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Make sure you pick up Coward's Target Shield (in the pool after smashing the eggs) too - equip it, sneak on the Ruloi (you're invisible with Coward's equipped anyway) then whack it with Traitor, which will kill it in one shot, re-equip Coward's and repeat - simple as that!

I too had some serious problems dispatching them in my old games, but using that technique, the Citadel becomes a laughable joke.

Cowards's Target Shield is also IMMENSELY useful during the Huline Temple and the Underground Caves - they can't see you, so that's one less thorn in the backside.

12. matthewdevcic Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

is this game freeware yet? if it is where can I download it. I played it many many years ago and loved it.

13. Ziad

Media:
    It's NOT freeware. Even though Westwood no longer exists as a separate company, the copyright for all their games (including the Lands of Lore trilogy) is owned by Electronic Arts, and they've held to it. Considering the game spans 4 CDs, you're not going to find somewhere to download it. And if you do, keep in mind you're breaking the law.

On the other hand, Amazon has used copies of Guardians of Destiny for less than £5 (and used copies of the third game for less than £2... now that's cheap!). I'm pretty sure there's many copies of Ebay as well.

14. kerrigan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The circlet (Kieran's Circlet, if I understood the voice description correctly) is a trinket that replaces your chest armour. Quite useful until you put your paws on things like the Obsidian Chainmail or the Dragonscale Armour *drool* :D

As for the Scarab, reduces incoming magical damage. Very useful at the Citadel and against the last boss!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.