1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What can't you find?

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Found it now. Still....I don't come on here often enough for it to bother me

On second glance...what the heck is media and why do I have 34 of it?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The number is the number of media items added to the gallery that you haven't viewed yet (that is, haven't viewed since we moved to XenForo).

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can I just mark them as read some how then?

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Of course. Click on media at the top and it will give you that option.

Once you do that, you click "Mark Viewed" -- it's the first option on the left right below the media tab once you click it.

Silvery and Taluntain like this.
  7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just came back from a holiday in Croatia. I can say I now wholly sympathise with the board members from that general region. It's ok now (or was when I left), but the first week of september with temperatures of 35+ degrees (C, of course), was too much for me.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm just glad summer is more or less over now. The current temperatures are quite enjoyable and I can finally work on my projects with a clear head.

I'm exploring some areas of the Infinity Engine I've never delved into before. I thought I had it mostly figured out, but it's always a learning experience when I'm modding.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Heh - it was 100 degrees in Westwood yesterday, 110 in Woodland Hills. Similar today.

Over - not a chance!

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yeah, well, you can keep it. I've had quite enough heat for this year.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Here's it's pretty much straight from A/C to heating every year the last few years. We get a couple of weeks in between.

12. dmc

Media:
    I moved to California to avoid weather. I really cannot complain about a little heat every now and again, especially given that my office has great AC, my home has great AC, my car has great AC . . .

You get the picture. :)

13. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's nice if you never go outside (except in your car). Which, given what I've seen of the US, might be the case. To be bound to the indoors for the whole of the summer wouldn't be my idea of fun, but then I wouldn't live in such a hot climate.

Silvery likes this.
  14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There's maybe a couple of weeks a year in Aug/Sep where the heat gets bad in Southern California (unless you're in the valleys). I don't have A/C in my house and I almost never use the furnace.

15. dmc

Media:
    Who said anything about not going outside? No matter what time of year, I play tennis outdoors three to four days a week. I bike ride at least one day a week. I try to walk to lunch on week days when possible.

Even on these atrociously hot days, I still go outside.

Plus, when you're freezing your tuches off, I am manfully holding up against temps that might be slightly below 70 degrees. :p

So there . . .

16. Silvery

Media:
    Cheers love

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You can also disable those notifications and numbers in your preferences.

18. henkie

Media:
    Coincidentally, we don't have AC either and since we've moved into our current appartment, we haven't needed to turn on the heating either. Of course, here in Belgium it tends neither to get very hot, nor very cold, so there's that.

I saw people biking up the hills in Croatia, too. I just think they're crazy to go biking when it's more than 35 degrees outside. My head would probably feel like it would be about to explode to excercise that much in that kind of heat. I overheated once when biking, and don't wish to experience that again.

That said, my tuches do not freeze off. I may sweat less, though.

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

No determination = no reward.

20. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Keep your fluids up. But you need to be at least a bit in shape to bike in 35 celsius. Do not underestimate the cooldown.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.