1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cloak of Reflection-Too powerful?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Big Sven, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Big Sven Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Anyone else think that this little baby just gives you too much of an edge?
    I tried it against the beholder in the Drow combat pits and just to test it out I didnt move at all. I didnt cast any spells, take any potions or even attack the beholder.
    The beholder continually cast harm against me-and guess what- reflected straight back at it every time- 1000gp for standing there!
    I then gave it to my mage to try in the other combat pit-same again- magic missiles straight back in the other mages face.
    I'm on Chapter 5 and it has to be the single best item I've found yet- cant remember where I picked it up though- either the Asylum or the Saughin city.

2. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Whats the stats of the cloak ?

The refection shield is nice peice of kit although only a +1 shield and I can't wait to get this cloak.

3. Memnoch Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Not trying to flame you, but I think you're talking about the Cloak of MIRRORS. The Cloak of Mirrors reflects all spell damage back to the source except for AOE spells like Cloudkill, Meteor Swarm, Abi Dalzims etc. This is found in the Sahuagin City.

The Cloak of REFLECTION only reflects all electrical damage back to the source. This is found in Spellhold.

Everyone says Reflection when they really mean Mirrors and it's really confusing for people.

In response to your post i think it is one of the most powerful items in the game. The beholders were nothing after that, Kangaxx was much easier.

4. Big Sven Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yup- I think you're right its the cloak of Mirrors.
    Looking forward to taking on Kangaxx.

5. Memnoch Gems: 2/31

Good luck! :)

6. Hope Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In my opinion, I'm gonna need all the help I can get :) nothing is too good for me

[This message has been edited by Hope (edited November 03, 2000).]

7. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I've mentioned the Cloak of Mirrors several times...that is a GREAT item. At one point near the end of the game my sorcerer Valyn was Horrored, then ran into a room full of Elder Orbs...hehe. That was nice.

So far, I think that the Cloak of Mirrors is THE most powerful item in the game.

8. Ciller Gems: 2/31

It is a good item. I also found that the staff of the magi is great. Wonderfull staff. Hits as a +4, invisable when equiped, casts lighning fireball 3 times a day, sets traps once a day, casts improved haste once a day and two other things.. I forget, vocalize and immune to negative plane energies.

Ciller

9. Palpatine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

memnoch: where is the cloak of mirrors i haven't stumbled across it yet.

my only real complaint about the cloak of mirrors and staff of the magi is how easy they were to obtain (esp the cloak). the holy avenger is also real powerful, but you have to kill a pretty tough dragon to get it (unless your a coward and use cloud kills and fog) and the ring or ganx required killing 3 lichs and a demi-lich.

10. Ciller Gems: 2/31

I dont know about you.. but the fight for the staff of the magi was harder for me then the fight with firkraag... :p

Ciller

11. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Err... I finished the game but did not come across any staff of the magi. Where can it be found?

I think I read in another thread about the staff. Someone said that it is with Shangalar (sp?) in the bridge district. I went back and looked everywhere but couldn't find it. Come to think of it, I fought a tough battle with a group resting in an inn/tavern - there was a mage but couldn't recall his name. Didn't pick up any good staff, though.

Would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction. I am playing a sorcerer next. Thanks.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just carry around a rogue stone with you as you explore the buildings in the Bridge district... You'll find it... I had a couple in my gem bag and it still worked.

13. Memnoch Gems: 2/31

BTW I wanted to clarify that The Cloak of Mirrors will NOT make you immune to all of Kangaxx's spells so don't walk in thinking that you will kick his ass just by having it.

Palpatine's quote:

Umm...how come the cloak was so easy to obtain if you haven't found it yet? Don't tell me you're confusing the Cloak of Mirrors and Cloak of Reflection after all the posts above!!

Anyway, if you want it, location spoiler for it and the Staff of the Magi are below:
    In the sahuagin city, on a priestess, can't remember which one.

Staff of the Magi is in a building opposite Helm's temple in the bridge district. The door faces south. As the other guy said you will need a rogue stone. Be prepared for a rough fight.

14. Palpatine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ummm err, i meant the cloak of reflection (the one you said was in the asylm).

15. Memnoch Gems: 2/31

SPOILER...

Cloak of Reflection is found in a table somewhere in that dungeon under Spellhold where Bohdi releases you.

16. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I follwed the posts here and went to the derilict building behind the temple of helm with a rouge stone in my pocket and nothing happened. Do I need to be in a certain chapter? Perhaps it needs to be nighttime? I really want that staff.

17. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

exact location of 'Rogue Stone-door' : Bridge (AR 0500, x 1800 y 3345) (it's on the SIDE of that building, not the door at the south (this leads to the Elemental Lich))

18. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31

Thanks Bane,

How do I turn on the map coordinates?

19. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

type 'L', and the coordinates of the cursor should show up on the messages-box.

20. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31

DAMN!!! THIS FIGHT IS NOT EASY!!!

Two mages casting time spot and gating in pit fiends?!?! This sucks. I am summoning a small army and casting every defensive/stat booosting speel in the inventory and still I get smashed.

I especially hate the Meteor Swarm!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.