1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. justinperkins1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok guess I have to post first

I guess I am needing to make 10 posts to start a thread, understandable. damn jungle out there. Gibberlings3 site seems to be down for me. I'm unable to finish my BWS mega-mod install (which is just a reinstall from what I did yesterday) which I accidentally wiped the downloads out.

tlndr: HI ALL! G3 IS DOWN. :/

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You only need 10 posts to post on people's profiles or start a blog - you can do everything else already. Welcome aboard! ;) And G3 is loading fine for me at the moment.

3. justinperkins1 Gems: 1/31

Hmm

yes, the site is "up" but I am unable to get anything from the downloads page. Every link just forwards to the forums page. It's the same on different devices in my house. Try to download say bg2 tweaks v16 for me and test if it's working for anyone else?

4. argento-dtw Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

FOR THE GLORY OF AMN!!!

Hello everyone again!

I surely am not a notable user...no one will probably remember me since I didn't post much. :)
    I subscribed end of 2012 because I was playing BG2 once more and did like the idea of being part of this community and to share my passion for IE games.

I sadly lost track, but now here I am again playing old school games!

I am into:

Dark Earth (1997)
    BG2: SoA (Elven F/M/T, Chaotic Neutral - but might do a different run).

What to say further?
    Greetings to everyone once more: I'm sure I'll have fun here, because for the few times I posted (and the NUMEROUS times I lurked through the years) I did!

Taluntain likes this.
  5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hooray, and welcome back! :)

argento-dtw likes this.
  6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That one?
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=695
    Works for me.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Check the post date, man. It's been four months. I think it's safe to say that the issue has been resolved in the meanwhile. :p

8. Gazza Gems: 1/31

Hi all.
    Played both BG 1 & 2 many times from when they came out but it's been a long time and wanted to have another play trough using some of the mods now available. Have good memories of reading fighting fantasy books ( first was "City of Thieves"),playing paper and dice D&D and making lead figures when I was a kid back in the day. :)

Taluntain likes this.
  9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard, you'll fit right in. :D

10. Munderpool Gems: 1/31

Greetings and felicitations one and all! After many years of absence from tabletop role playing, I am diving in with both feet, and found this community quite by accident through a thread answering the meaning of THACO, which still confuses me to this day! Cheers!

Taluntain likes this.
  11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    THAC0 confuses everyone, including people who designed that system. Luckily, in IE games all you need to know is: The lower your THAC0, the better. Same with saving throws.

Munderpool likes this.
  12. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Howdy Munderpool. Yep, To Hit Armor Class Zero (THAC0) was never a straightforward or particularly good way to handle attacking and defending. Later iterations of D&D did this so much better by making... you guessed it: the higher numbers better!

Funny, the guy who came up with the later approach probably got a big bonus that year, maybe even a promotion. But really, all he did was come up with the obvious approach to handle this, vs. the bass ackwards approach that was originally conceived... most likely under the influence of some sort of controlled substance.

Munderpool likes this.
  13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's when we do our best work. :shake:

Munderpool likes this.
  14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome Gazza to the world of the intrepid adventurer.

I can't help but comment on the thaco on armour or DR as used in non-D&D games -- more on that here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  15. RASDAS33 Gems: 1/31

I joined because my man says he dont go on sites that provide nude images but why delete eh and every time i leave when i check the sites recently vitisted there are nude picsthat hurts but he gets mad if i accuse but i guess i been right i would much rather the truth i wouldn't be so mad and insecure

16. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hi there. It's not clear to me how joining this site will help you with that problem. This is a good site to join if you're into D&D cRPGs and "old school" RPGs, and want to be part of a respectful, if slow paced, community. The other stuff, maybe try counseling. I don't know. Not really my field.

Munderpool likes this.
  17. Munderpool Gems: 1/31

Brutal honesty. Priceless.

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Is this a joke? :lol:

Munderpool likes this.
  19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you want nude pictures of someone then there are MUCH better places than this :lol:

Tarrasque and dmc like this.
  20. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I certainly hope so, otherwise I've been using this site wrong for all these years ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.