1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finished SOA may times but...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by cat_hair2000, Mar 13, 2004.

1. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1. I've been unable to find the nether scroll that Edwin wails about; I go through the tombs and to the lower tombs but where is it?

2. How do I use the dog-stew on the hulks?

PS.

3. Does multi-classing for a PC effect stronghold quests? Is it best to stray from multi-classing?

2. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

1) You know where Korgan's book is? It's NE from there, in a room. You have to have Edwin in your party to find it.

2) I always kill the umber hulks, so I dunno

3) I believe with multi-classing you have to choose which stronghold to get; I don't think you can get every stronghold of all your classes. It definitely doesn't hurt your chance for a stronghold.

3. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31

Thanks, though last time Korgan's book had already been looted - or so he said.

4. Neriana Gems: 6/31

It is, but you can still finish the quest by doing what Korgan suggests.

5. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

For the dog stew, sneak past the umber hulks (hide in shadows or a kind of invisibility spell), go down the hall (bottom-left area of the room). There's a closed door, and you can highlight the ground in the small room beyond as if it were a container. Put the stew in there. Hide yourself again quickly if you're visibly, because those umber hulks come awful quickly ;)

6. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] The Book of Kaza (which Korgan wants) is different from the Nether Scroll - which is in a different chamber in the level.

As far as duel-classing is concerned... install the Ease-Of-Use mod and get ALL the strongholds!

7. Algarion Gems: 3/31

Is that the only mod that allows you to get all of the Strongholds? I've read the description and it doesn't stick with my *no-cheating* policy ;)

8. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

:) The installation for Ease-Of-Use lets you select which individual mods will be installed.

You can just select multiple strongholds and, if you want to be the Playa of Amn, the multiple romance mod.

9. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It *is* cheating but it's one of the few cheats I allow myself because it makes the game a lot more interesting.

10. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31

I always like to reply the game but by using cheats. I downloaded and actually made Irenicus part of my team in chapter 1 in the dungeon. I was roleplaying that he was "pretending" to help me get out of the dungeon. Anyway, I got him to cast mislead and then dismissed him before the exit. That way it looked like he ran ahead without my knowing.

So, when we got out he captured Imoen. That's my bit of fun for a fifth time (w/o yet TOB) playing BGII.

11. Rage Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What can i do with book of kaza when i finish korgan's quest? Anything other than selling it ?

12. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Nothing, at least not that I've ever heard about.

13. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

The umber Hulks - you kill the dogs gather their meat, make stew out of them in the room, (I assume you know which room, it's a kitchen and if you explore the keeps first level you'll find it, (not where you make the flail)). Once you have the stew, you make yourself invisible, and walk into the umberhulk room. you head south to where they dug into the Keep, there should be a place for you to open on the ground, you just put all the food there, and the Umber Hulks will rush for it, and you just have toshut the doors, and they'll be stuck in there!

14. Neriana Gems: 6/31

The multiple strongholds thing can really mess some stuff up. So can multi-romance.

15. david w Gems: 19/31

I've never had any big problems with the multiple strongholds. The multiple romances I've never tried.

16. CUE Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] The nether scroll is in a room near where Korgan takes you. There is a long passageway before the room. There will be a lich in there if Edwin is with you. I'm not sure if he appears if Edwin is not with you.

I know that a dual-classed / multi-classed fighter can get two strongholds by not accepting the fighter stronghold, then getting the other stronghold and returning to get the fighter one. I have heard that a dual-classed druid can never finish his stronghold due to a bug, but I don't know this for sure.

17. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

What´s the point with making the food for the umberhulks?
    Do you get more XP than from killing them?

As for the multiple stronghold mod.
    It works great, you will probably find yourself pretty busy if you start them all before finishing some of them though.

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well, you could always make the stew, make them go for it - getting all the extra XP - then killing them for the XP additional anyway.

19. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

yes i guess that would be plausible, it wouldn't be hard if you had something to protect your tank from confusion and fire, then just have a mage memorize 2-3 fireball spells and launch them past your tank, through the door, and BAM, after about 2 of those the umber hulks will all be either badly damaged or near death, one or two hits from the tank whipes the rest out no problem, especially if he is hasted and blessed, or you could take my usual style, run in with 4 tanks that are hasted and POW, literally kung pow chicken, or umber hulk, either or.

20. david w Gems: 19/31

I've never done the cooking stew thing before because I could never figure out what I where I was supposed to put it. I once dropped it by the door then flung it open and expected the umber hulks to run over and gulp it up.

Instead they hit the PC with their confusion and killed him five seconds later.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.