1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which are the best mods?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Sloty, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Sloty Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Which are the best new content mods that deffinitaly work with bg2ee?
    I really want all the possible mods that add new quests or dungeons or something...
    I intend to play through bg1ee and then want to start bg2ee with every possible but compatible mode there is...

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list

lists all the mods currently known to be compatible with bg2:ee.
    includes some mods that add new content (Tales of the Deep Gardens, The Sellswords) a ton of npc mods, some of which reintroduce npc's from the original game (Xan, Tiax, Alora - Ajantis as well, though he's only compatible with the SoA part of the game.) and a good amount of AI/Tweak mods as well.

3. Sloty Gems: 5/31

Which 4 character party(+1 for their quests) would you suggest me to take(you can include mod-NPCs also if they are fun)?

My maincharacter is a cleric/mage

---------- Added 22 hours, 29 minutes and 42 seconds later... ----------

Nobody any tips on a strong party of four?

How does importing my main from bgee actually work?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  4. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    I'm going to assume this is the same character you posted about earlier and you want to take along a good aligned party :

Fighter wise, minsc is an option again - you dont have to worry about dynaheir any longer and he's available right from the start.

Then there's keldorn - a paladin, so since your pc isn't a paladin he's the only one that can use the carsomyr sword. he only has a dex of 9 though so he really needs the Gauntlets of Dexterity, and even though his strength is decent (17) it might not hurt to equip him with a girdle of giant strength as well. he's available right when you escape from irenicus's dungeon. you'll need to accept the unseeing eye quest and you'll find him in the temple district sewers.

Finally, there's mazzy - arguably the best option here, since she is a pure fighter, so she can get grand mastery in her proficiencies.
    she also gets a few unique abilities, since she is basically a paladin for her halfling god of war, the only reason that she's not actually classed as a paladin is because she is a halfling.
    She gets the following abilities : Lay on Hands, Haste, Invoke Courage and Strength.
    Strength is especially good, since it sets her strength to 18/00 for 1turn per level. you should be abe to keep it up almost indefinitely, giving her the highest strength score of any NPC.
    Also because she is a halfling and has 16 dex, she gets a bonus of +4 on her saving throws. :shake:
    Only downside to mazzy is that she's not available untill a little later into the game. - talk to the boy in the government district to get the umar hills quest, travel there and go to the temple - finally inside you will find mazzy.

As far as arcane casters go, you start off with imoen but won't get her back untill late in the game. a good replacement for her available right away is Aerie a Cleric/Mage, same as your main character.
    The only other option for a good aligned arcane caster is nalia, a dual classed fighter 4/mage X - she's decent enough but basically just a worse version of imoen.
    I almost never take nalia with me because i find her annoying as a character, and even when i do i immediately ditch her for imoen once i get her back. :p

Finally for a thief, i'd advice either yoshimo or jan.
    The reason being is that they are the only 2 thief characters who continue getting levels in thief and thus can keep increasing their thief skills.
    Yoshimo is a pure thief (bounty hunter kit) while Jan is a Thief/illusionist multiclass, so he adds in some more arcane magic to the mix.
    I enjoy both NPC's as characters, though i find that Jan has the better banter and party interjections.
    Keep in mind that Yoshimo betrays your party and dies permanently as part of the plot, so you won't be able to have him along for the entirety of the game. i would pick Jan jansen just for this reason - just be sure to take yoshimo along to spellhold (so you'll temporarily have him as your 5th party member) for the added story bits, and the oportunity to get his heart for a large chunk of experience later when you return to athkatla.

personally i prefer just copying over my final-save from the bg1:ee folder to the bg2:ee folder in my documents and import from that.

5. Sloty Gems: 5/31

Thanks alot!

I have a problem:
    I installed a lot of mods and as the last one I wanted to install "sword coast stratagems v30".

I tied to install it but it kept on repeating to install the same components again and again so I aborted the installation.

After that I only installed bg2tweaksv16 again.
    My question is do I need to install also all the other mods again or is weidu smart enough to give me a smooth gaming experience even if I aborted the installation of the mentioned mod?

---------- Added 5 hours, 30 minutes and 24 seconds later... ----------

please help me with my problem

---------- Added 13 hours, 6 minutes and 25 seconds later... ----------

Nevermind, just reinstalled everything...

Do you think I need a thief(be it full or dual/multiclass) to get through this game?

---------- Added 0 hours, 38 minutes and 16 seconds later... ----------

I dont have no enries on "important events" at the beginning of Irenicus dungeon.
    Is this normal?

---------- Added 5 hours, 21 minutes and 20 seconds later... ----------

What do you think about my little party:

Main: Cleric/mage: All the bad spells in one character!

Jan Jansen: My thief, and I hope he will become a good backup caster and archer.He is just too funny.Any tips to make him a stronger character(equipment, etc.)?

Undecided(but I think I will take eighter some sorcerer NPC or Mazzy for this spot).Any Tips on making good use of Mazzy?

Undecided(But I think some sort of tank).Maybe some Paladin (from Mod or Keldorn) or Valygar.Any advise on this spot would also be welcome.
    Or maybe I just take Mazzy in this spot and replace the 3.slot with a sorcerer.

What do you think about it?
    Do I have some good ideas?
    Any tips to make each character stronger are welcome!

6. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you have the main and Jan as mages you shouldn't need a sorcerer also so take Mazzy. I love Mazzy. She is a beast of a tank :)
    Keldorn is another good tank. Just don't go into the government district with him or he will want to stop by his house and see his family. He will have to decide either to stay with his family or stay an adventurer and leave his family behind. Personally I just don't have the heart to tell him to stay with me. My conscious always makes me tell him to stay with his family so I avoid the government section :(
    Another 2 I love are Minsc and Valygar. I love Minsc's attitude and banter. Plus there's BOO! Lol. Valygar I just love the stalker class so I almost always take him.
    These are all personal preference tough so you may not like some of them :)
    I noticed you didn't mention Minsc so I figure you don't want him or Jahera :)
    Don't forget about the 4 new NPCs in this enhanced edition. They can be cool also.

Sorry I forgot about Jan being a thief as well which make's him a great selection as well :tobattle:

7. Sloty Gems: 5/31

How do you skill mazzy to make her a good tank?
    Do you give her 2 shortswords?

8. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I like the 2-weapon style but I'm just now realizing that I go sword & shield with Mazzy. I usually give her the Shield of Harmony that protects vs. confusion and some other stuff. Either that or the Dragon Scale shield when I don't need the other shield. Of course it depends on which Shield you have to begin with. Can't use what you don't have I guess. Lol.
    Also I give her the short sword of Mask that you can buy from a vendor on top of the Watcher's Keep. If you can afford it that is. The Keep is a tough place so I recommend you wait a while before trying to tackle it. Just get what you need from the vendor and leave. That's what I do anyway :D

9. Sloty Gems: 5/31

Cool thanks!

If you could give her all the proficiencies you wanted(thanks to ee keeper),
    which would you give her?

And I had Minsc and Jaheira so often that it gets a little boring.
    I think I will either take a sorcerer or Valygar or some mod warrior...

---------- Added 0 hours, 47 minutes and 46 seconds later... ----------

By the way, do I really need more than one tank?
    With my Cleric/Mage who can buff himself to become a powerful melee combatant plus all the good summons that are available...?

I am still curious about Jan Jansen.How can I make him a powerful force, which weapons and other gear should he use?

Which do you think are the best weapons to use for my Cleric/mage?

---------- Added 2 hours, 0 minutes and 21 seconds later... ----------

What do you think is the most powerful dual-wield option of 2 weapons in the whole game?
    Or is a 2handed weapon stronger(doubt it,but perhaps)?

---------- Added 2 hours, 17 minutes and 28 seconds later... ----------

Please someone???

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  11. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I would keep her with her specializations she has for short sword and short bow. Maybe sword and shield for when you go melee with her. Or single weapon if you don't like constantly having to open the inventory screen to un-equip her bow so she can equip a shield.
    If you take Jan and have a lot of spells yourself (being a C/M) then I'd def take either Valygar or another tank.

I would def say more than 1 tank. Unless you want that tank swarmed and crushed all the time. I always have at least 2 tanks and another fighter type as well like Valygar. I don't consider him a tank due to his armor. But then again I could always give him better armor I suppose but then you start having problems with his stealth and spell casting. Plus I like his armor. Especially the upgraded version.

He doesn't really need to be a powerful force really. He has spells, and backstab if you happen to use him for it. But then you have to worry about him getting squished. I'm not a very good thief or mage so I'm sure someone else can give you better advice here. I do usually take him despite this fact. Just love the little guy and his crazy crossbow. I have to admit that I usually go into EE Keeper and give him the max (999) of his ammo for his crossbow. Also I like to switch out his gloves for bracers of AC 3 or 4. Depending on which ones your already using and if you can afford them both.

Personally I like the warhammer for when you get Crom Faeyr or flail for the Flail of the Ages. There's also the Flail Defender of Easthaven. or Everard's Morning Star. Or you can go mace for the Mace of Disruption.

Can't really say on this for me. Maybe the Crom Faeyr & the Flail of the Ages. Especially the flail when fully upgraded. Then there's the Axe of Unyielding & the sword Angurvadal. Or maybe the Spectral Brand for a Druid? Celestial Fury is a favorite of everyone too :)
    If you plan on getting Keldorn then The Carsomyr the Holy Avenger is the way to go without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  12. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Jan is really useful when your PC is also a mage or if you're bringing Edwin, since you can use him to memorise all those spells that are great to have but not worth the spell slots on your main (damaging) mage.
    I usually give him the protection breaking spells like breach, have him as my summon battery and buffer, while my PC/Edwin takes all the damaging spells and crowd control ones, admittedly with some overlap.
    Don't feel compelled to keep the gear he comes with, some bracers of AC will help him out a lot, and tere's better crossbows to be had then the one he comes with.
    you can also use the mislead + backstab cheese on him since he's a thief/illusionist. :D
    Finally, if you really feel the need to have him join the fight in melee range, you could always have him memorize tenser's transformation to double his HP and give him a decent AC and thac0

13. Sloty Gems: 5/31

But wouldnt Mazzy be very effective with dual wielding flail of ages and Kundane?

14. Sloty Gems: 5/31

Is Carsomyr really the best weapon for a Paladin or could there be some better combo of 2 weapons or a weapon plus a shield?

15. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    IMHO, carsomyr IS the best paladin weapon. however, if you really feel like you want to dualwield, i'd suggest you pick up Foebane +3 and The Purifier+4, both bastard swords.
    Both weapons are available in watchers keep, you might have to hold off on collecting them though since it's quite a tough area.
    Foebane +3 can be found on the 1st level of watchers keep, and does extra damage vs undead, shapeshifters and demons. you can later on upgrade the weapon into it's +5 version once you get Fflar's scabbard, which will increase the damage and give the wielder +1 to all saving throws, also giving a life steal effect on hit.
    The purifier can be found in watchers keep's 3rd level, it's basically a less powerful 1handed version of carsomyr. you can later upgrade it into +5 at cespenar with the eye of tyr. (note that the eye of tyr is also used to upgrade carsomyr, so you can only upgrade one of the two.) It gives you magic resistance (20% for the +4 version, 30% once upgraded) and does extra damage against chaotic evil enemies and also allows you to cast dispel magic two times and mass cure one time per day once upgraded.

16. Sloty Gems: 5/31

What do you think about this party setup:

Main: Cleric/Mage with Staff,Sling and hammer.Which profs should I take next?

Mazzy: dual, flails, shortswords, longswords.Should I give her some other proficiencies or level up flails?

Ajantis(Mod NPC): Which weapons should I give him?

Jan Jansen(Imoen later): guess he or Imoen are best used with a bow(gesen comes to mind).

(fifth and sixth member): would you suggest me to take one or two more or is my little group strong enough?
    (or should I keep Jan and add Imoen perhaps)?

What do you think about adding Haer Dalis?(or replacing Mazzy with him)?

Can someone give me some tips on succesfully using Haer Dalis?
    I also read my main needs to be level 15 to recruit him.Is that true?

And my C/M: should I dw later, even if I can only get one point in 2weapon fighting?

Please help me somebody...

---

Nobody here with some knowledge?

Do you think the Cavalier or Inquisitor is better?

---

Wouldnt FOA and Crom be good for my C/M even if I can only get 1 pip in Dual Wield?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  17. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Best one of those proficiencys you have weapons of, that you want to use.

Well, if you want to use flails - flails. If you don´t want to use flails - other.

Which weapons do you have?

If noone in your party is dying in every 2nd battle then your party is strong enough.
    If however in every battle someone dies then your party is not strong enough.

Considering that you already received a lot of answers isn´t your question a bit insulting?

Yes. Or both. Depending naturally on what you want the character to do. :tobattle:

18. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I'm curious about the Haer as well. What sort of equipment do you give him? I'm assuming you give him better weapons since the 2 he comes with are only +2. They are pretty nice for a while until you need better ones. What about other equipment? Just some bracers of AC so he has no armor to allow him to still cast his spells?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.