1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 119

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can't complain, except for the gloomy humid weather. I came to SoCal under the express condition and promise of 70 degrees and sunny, with limited humidity. I want my money back!

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

LOL -- welcome! welcome! ;) It's still really beautiful out there though! (except for the quakes). :/

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey, Spelly. :wave:

4. Spellbound

Hi Keneth!!! Another old timer!! :D

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Apparently, Chris Avellone is leaving Obsidian (amicably). I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that with regards to the future of Pillars, but at the same time, I can't wait to see what he does next.

6. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Anybody exited yet about fallout4?

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, F3 was garbage as far as I'm concerned. Its only strong point was exploration which is really the only thing Bethesda knows how to do well. So no, I'm not excited at all. I've got too many better games on the horizon to be excited about (Torment, Bard's Tale IV, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heart of Thorns, etc.) where I actually trust the developers to deliver.

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I still enjoyed FO3, even with it's flaws, though i feel like New Vegas was the better of the two.
    Still, i'm a bit excited for FO4, even if only for nostalgia's sake. i invested a lot of time playing the fallout games and getting to know the universe, and i really like the setting, so it's kind of like saying hi to an old friend :D

9. Spellbound

I played Fallout 3 for a while, but just got too grossed out by the gore -- bones sticking out of necks and such, after a head is blown off -- gah :lol: was giving me nasty dreams!

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yes, but New Vegas was made by Obsidian. If they were the ones making F4, I'd be somewhat excited (even without Chris Avellone), but with Bethesda at the helm, I trust them to make just another painfully average RPG with nice visuals.

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I stopped being interested in Bethesda RPGs after Oblivion. Man, what a disappointment that was.

12. Spellbound

I'm always looking for new games to play -- just finished up a couple and am so tired of the mmos.

13. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You could sue Mamas and Papas

After all when a woman can get a lot of money by sueing the enterprise that sold her hot coffee that (surprise) was actually, you know, HOT according to US lawbooks... :book:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  14. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    US legal system can really be a joke sometimes.

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Depressing song.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

I like the exploring very much in Bethesda games. Combat is tedious, but going into a new cave is nice.

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not to get too far into the details, but, seriously, you people have no clue at all about that case. McDonalds deserved what it got.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Of course they deserved it, but the ridiculous part is that it took a high profile civil lawsuit in order to get anything to change.

20. dmc

Media:
    Why is that surprising to you? Most corporations are soulless legal fictions designed to funnel money to their owners. It's only when the harmful ramifications of fallout from cases like this eclipse the money made from business as usual that they will change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.