1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid "strategies"

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rakanishu, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, Drakron, I believe it was you who started this: and I quote:

"Read (or Buy) the books that have the rules [and] then we will talk."

Does that or does that not imply we are all ignorant and have no understanding of basic rules? If I sounded pissed, it was because I felt insulted by the fact that someone who didn't understand the difference between Int and Wis was telling me about how I should read the core texts. He came off as more arrogant than even me, and I just could not allow that...

BTW: If I'm not mistaken, Golems have a Wisdom score in 2nd edition as well...

hehe...

*Fo-giviness, please!

Amon-Ra

2. Cuckoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wisdom scores don't help Golems who are in rooms that have only small doors. And who's easier to trick; someone with lower intelligence, or someone who is not as wise? As far as i can tell, intelligence is used in logic and problem solving (can't get at fighter through door; solution-start throwing things at fighter through doorway.) Wisdom is a reflection of learning resulting from experiences. Right? So maybe that Golem being easily tricked is not so far-fetched....

3. Drakron Du´Dark Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Looks like someone have give you my reply.
    Look Golem are made by wizards to guard things, they are not a "natural" monster. any thing besides STR and CON is a waste, in the wizard view, on then. They are to guard things our do some type of tasks. A good example is the Golem in the Irenicus Jail, he is too dumb to stop the prisoners escaping, why? because Irenicus (his master) did not tell him to stop escaping prisoners.
    Golems are stupid, there is no question about it.

4. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Looks like someone likes to give, but don't like to receive. Normally that would be admirable.

Never mind... <-look ma, no smilies

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

HOW DARE YOU FORGET THE SMILEY?!
    Nevermind, I'll make up for you.
    :D :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.