1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Fab Four (-1)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spoogemonkey, Jul 1, 2003.

1. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, that's right. I started out with a party of FOUR BARDS named John, Paul, George, and Ringo (except that, ultimately, I did what the Beatles should have done a long time ago - kicked out Ringo!) and have had a hell of a time surviving....

The Bards can't heal....

aren't very good at hand to hand fighting
    or spellcasting... and really NEVER get any high level spells...

and no thief.... but all the pickpocketing I can eat and I never have to Identify anything...

so, it has been a struggle all the way... They die all of the time and I spend half of my money on raising dead...

they are all Chaotic Neutral...

I'm now heading into Spellhold... wish me luck...

2. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

HA! That's awesome spooge.

3. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hey! Take back Ringo into the party, you heretic!! :p :p :D :D
    Oh well.....good luck! :rolleyes:

4. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Heh, I played multiplayer game with all bards two days ago.

That was fun, but too difficult, because we didn't look out for Cowled Wizards :/

5. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I´ve played max 5 minutes with a bard. And that was Garrick in BG1 the first time. It took me 5 minutes to realize he was a bard then he had to go. How do you do it? They really do suck in all aspects.

6. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31

yes, Bards suck - that's part of the challenge...

Oh, and I forgot to mention - their stats suck, as well. One has an 18 dex, and another has 18 str, but I only allowed myself 3 re-rolls at creation...

But, hey, when 3 Bards are in offensive spin all at the same time - CUISINART CITY!! They killed 7 UmberHulks last night! Thank Helm for that Rod of Resurection! They have more lives than a cat! :p

7. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

nah bards don't suck they got some style ...
    imagine i got haer'dalis in my party atm (and PC bladebard can be a lot better) and he has AC-18 if i wish him to have. if you use boosterspells only and don't rely on offensiv spells he is powerful.

8. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

r this bards all vanilla or r they different types (kits)?

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

They should all be jesters

10. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Is that because they were a joke? :p

No I'm really sorry for that, I couldn't resist the opportunity. I love the Beatles. Never doubt that - I LOVE THE BEATLES!!!

And Bards are really a party-backup system, that's why they suck so much in groups.

11. Arian Gems: 5/31

Bah, Bards aren't backup. Ask my blade who solod on insane. With nice items, a few singing misleads (song stacks), stoneskin, and tensers transformation I was getting around -25 ac, -44 thac0 (no joke), 5 attacks per round (I could have improved hasted him...) and doing about 40 damage a hit. He was unstoppable.

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I find that bards ar pretty good, but only if you have one or two at the most in a party.

Their best aspect being able to use almost any magical item in BGII
    (wands, scrolls, etc.) this means that if you have enough wands (I have 10 or something, including 4 wands of fire and I havent left Athkatla yet - well planar sphere and astral prison)

This makes them incrdibly powerful and great back up mages especially if you already have a sorcerer, as they cant learn from scrolls.

They can also use all of those musical instuments, which seem to be incredibally powerful.

Anyway In my party I have a Sorceress, a Bard and a Monk (who, incidently can use wands and a few mage scrolls, including vocalise - is it a bug???)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.