1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place PoE Item Poll!

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Taluntain, Mar 15, 2014.

?

Which epic item idea described in the thread would you like to see implemented in PoE the most?

1. Subtly Awesome Ring/Amulet/Belt

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Amulet of Random Babbling

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Sorcerer's Hiding Place

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Board of Magick

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Marble Chessboard

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. Staff of Taluntain

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good deal. One step closer to immortalization!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice work, guys.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Indeed, kudos to everyone who's participated! :thumb:

4. Hugin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Looking forward to seeing this ingame :)

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Did Obsidian ever provide any additional feedback? If not, I guess we can keep our eyes peeled when the beta launches next month.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. Marceror

Media:
    I haven't been able to play much of the backer beta as it's buggy as a beehive, but I've been getting lucky over the past hour or so and made it a bit further than I have before.

At any rate in the Dracogen Inn I met a Chanter who told me a tale about the origins of the Inn. One of the lines stood out:

"This inn was the first building that sprang up from the ruin (of a destroyed keep). Built with some of the same bricks the colonists had pulled from the lady Thaynu's castle, they say. Supposedly, the quarterstaff of her chief wizard even got lost in the construction - mortared into a wall or nailed under a floorboard."

Hmm, wonder if this could be the fabled Staff of Taluntain??

I will have to see if there's some way to take this inn apart brick by brick, board by board! :p

Taluntain and olimikrig like this.
  8. Hugin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

So nobody found the SP-item in-game yet?

9. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    wondering if I missed something

did I get lost somewhere... has the game launched already and I didn't catch it??? I thought that those of us that donated to the game got the game???

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You do. Send a PM to Taluntain. =)

11. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    thank you

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This isn't Torment: Tides of Numenara though... I only see that award in your awards list.

13. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Reminds me of one of the Ultima´s where you had to get something from a mousehole in an inn. Ultima 6 I think... :cool:

14. Taluntain

Media:
    Got a response regarding the ode's formatting:

Hopefully it'll be fixed along the way!

15. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

The staff mentioned is on the second floor in the small corner room with the two fellows in it, you have to enter scouting mode to find the loot spot.

Guildmaster's Staff
    Quarterstaff
    Speed: Slow
    Reach: 1.75
    Interrupt: .75 (strong)
    Damage: 14 - 20 Crush (base) vs. Defl.
    Increased Reach: +1.8 reach
    Minor Spellbind: Restore Minor Endurance

It's pretty decent in that you can make it superb and give it a bonus damage element but it's not remarkable by any means.

16. Marceror

Media:
    The Finished Product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As for the copy of PoE I am entitled to I am forgoing it as I have my copy based on my initial direct pledge to them and although I would love to give it to a friend there are too many wanting the game for me to choose who to give it to. So Tal is free to give my copy to someone else. Have fun playing it you lucky person. The game is utterly fantastic. The best RPG I have ever played and that includes the BG games. I kid you not.

Taluntain and olimikrig like this.
  18. Taluntain

Media:
    Lost in translation... :D Where is it found?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Hugin likes this.
  19. Marceror

Media:
    Not such an interesting story there. It's found in the City of Twin Elms. There is a building in the commons district filled with vendors, and one of those vendors is selling it.

It costs somewhere north of 3000 copper, so it's fairly cheap.

Taluntain likes this.
  20. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Same staff with a different spellbind and slightly lower enchantment value, nothing terribly exciting about that :bad:.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.