1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 119

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The laptop still functions without the keyboard. wait at least a couple of days for drying.

The most likely problem is that the keys in a laptop are scissor type keys. a little cleaning residue can cause a bad contact. a few keys, one needed for the password, were effected.

If that does not work, i can order a new keyboard for the laptop.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's funny, the easiest way for me to get creative and make some cool stuff is to have something else which I actually have to do. My inner procrastinator would rather slave away on something completely unrelated than allow itself to work on something necessary. Sadly, I rarely finish anything since the projects start feeling like an obligation sooner or later. :shake:

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Trying the taptalk app with BOM so far so good. Also I think I have the goddamned flu or something... Urh... I really need to stop reading about medical issue on the internet, because right now I'm pretty sure I have some sort of cross between Ebola and the avian flu.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've always managed to come to the right self-diagnosis by studying up on the symptoms.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The laptop seems to be working.... So far.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's good - it sucks when electronics fail you.

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Right ? My friends and family think I'm paranoid about my electronics which isn't false, to some degree, but then again my stuff last for a loooong time. Like my 1994 Sega genesis which still works like it's new.
    Yeah I know the Genesis was released in 1990 in north America, I was referring to the year I got one. Which in retrospective seems really late... But meh, phantasy star II & IV still rocks

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Aside from factory errors, electronics are pretty sturdy. Everyone is all like, "Oh no, don't spill anything on it, it's gonna explode and it's gonna make your cat explode too!"

In truth, dust, dirt, water, etc. won't really do much. And when stuff gets dirty, you can wash just about everything under tap water as long as you dry it out properly.

9. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

My IWD monk can't use a quarterstaff. Shame on you, Beamdog.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Why would you want to? Quarterstaff is a horrible weapon in D&D.

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah d6 damage for a two handed weapon ? Please. Plus I think people severely misunderstand the nature of "blunt" damage. Internal bleeding isn't a joke. It can kill you just as easily. But I guess people just prefer swords and axes I blame the movies myself.

12. damedog Gems: 15/31

Resourceful Veteran

No worries I can just brain them with a club like all good monks :rolleyes:

Sometimes you need a magic weapon to overcome high damage reduction and quarterstaves are just good RP.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Don't your fists scale in enhancement bonus? Or is that just me mixing up my monk rebalance with the actual IE rules?

14. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Fists get more magical with more levels.

15. damedog Gems: 15/31

Resourceful Veteran

Yeah but not always fast enough to keep up with some enemies. At least in the BG series, never used a monk in IWD so who knows how often that will be a problem. Best to be prepared.

By the way, the kits can easily unbalance the game entirely. If using plenty of powerful kits like sorcerers/dwarven defenders/kensais and their duals, it's best to turn the difficulty up a pip.

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    No sh*t. It's why I've always hated Tutu. It totally changed the dynamics of BG1 and EE didn't fix any of that. IWD:EE is no better off either. You'd think they'd have the good sense to make sure all the changes they're making are balanced if they're gonna demand such large sums of money for "their" game, but it's just shoddy work all over.

17. Merlanni

Media:
    And there you are with a girls field hockey team. Two years ago they all picked up a stick for the first time. Today the first outdoor win.

(not one of the players)

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've just finished watching The Fault in Our Stars. I gotta say I didn't expect much from a movie with young leads and a sob story, but damn... I'm a mess after watching that.

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's 'cause you're really just a big softie with a crunchie outer coating!

20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yep, that's me—the quiet, sensitive type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.