1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 119

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah, especially since one of the parties can send to other to his room, no question asked. :lol:

edit: I've more or less been in your child's position back in the day when Ocarina of Time came out both me and my mother played it. She would often hijack the TV in the living room in order to play with the (legit) pretext of "you have school tomorrow" sereval times. I was, what ? nine or ten then ? As annoying as it was, I now understand why. So good news ! He will probably understand, like 15 years later, so there's that.

edit 2: I've finally got my stationary bicycle, wooo ! Now operation corpus deus greace can really begin :lol: -- Yes it is as vain as it sounds, but I'm ok with it :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    One of those days. within 45 minutes, I lost my petrol filling cap, locked myself out of my house. I also forgot my pin code which started it all at an unmanned filling station. The bankcard is blocked.

Thank god for credit cards. It was a Saturday.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    See, that's why I don't go outside anymore. :p

Taluntain likes this.
  4. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah I've decided to boycott "the outside world" until Nature gets her s*?& together and stop this "winter" nonesense. -- But Flix, I hear you say, you live in goddamn Canada, aren't you used by now of cold temperatures ? Well yeah but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I personally blame France, if they hadn't colonize north America my ancestor wouldn't have come here and I wouldn't have to live through winter. Complaining about winter is sort of the national sport 'round here, before Hockey obviously.

Edit: I'm sure many first nations would also agree there :p

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I absolutely love winter and cold. Canada or Norway will likely be my first choice the next time I move (or potentially any Scandinavian country, but Sweden or Denmark are really the only other viable options if I want to minimize the language barrier).

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Well, I'm preaching for my home team here but, we've got sweet things like universal health care, hockey, skiing, democracy, and poutine*. Really what more could you possibly want :rolleyes:

And also good internet speed but in the hand of an oligarchy-like conglomerate of Saturday morning cartoon vilain.

*Yeah I know Scandinavian countries also have these things, expect, perhaps poutine. So, yeah we win :lol:

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yeah, but they have vikings, so...

Nah, the real reason is actually employment. I'm already pretty bored sitting at home all day long, so I'll likely be looking for a new job soon. I get a bunch of job offers every year from the EU, but I've never received any job offers from across the pond. Well, that's not entirely true, I did actually receive two informal job offers from game studios in the States, but they were both in CA which is way too warm for me.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    I'm just gonna say that lumberjack > vikings.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Moose-riding lumberjacks?

Ofelix likes this.
  10. Ofelix

Media:
    That would be awesome :lol: Also moose meat is delicious, if expensive, and rare to find.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I can't say that I've ever knowingly tasted moose meat, but most types of venison can be incredibly delicious when cooked right.

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've had moose meat before. Went on a hunting party with a bunch of other native guys when I was a teenager. I'm no hunter, never will be, so I was definitely a flunkie. One of the guys in the party, absolute expert on how to approach a bovine downwind without making a sound, bagged a huge one. Ate to our hearts content that night. Nothing in the grocery store will ever compare to it.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I don't know why, but I always get highly disturbed when I scroll down the main forum page to check out new posts and there's a bunch of photos of IRL member faces and/or their babies...

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can click on the icon in the top right corner and hide the disturbing images. :shake:

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow - An old picture of my son popped up - he was probably 8 or 9 and he's 17 now. Big difference.

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Probably for the best. I've already seen all the interesting ones.

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've just realized you can play video from a split RAR archive directly without having to extract anything. It's like finding money in the pocket of your pants that's been there for ages.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh didn't know either, what software are you using for this ?

Edit: Yeah the pictures can get weird at first, but you get used to it. Also, damn the first one on the left was my face. I sure do look stupid on that one, whatever possessed me to choose this one ?

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    MPC-HC and VLC can both do that. Presumably most other mainstream video players as well.

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just thought I'd check in after being revaccinated and let you know that so far I am still alive and have not mutated, become blind, or developed autism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.