1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 119

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    First of all thank you all for the congratulations ! But I was only kidding about the BA thing :rolleyes:

So, I should've written "I sank 86 hours in Inquisition" or "I've sunk 86 hours in Inquisition". Alright, now I know.

the pantheon for exploits ? What's the pantheon ?

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    *into :p

Also, except for rare cases, the present perfect tense is the appropriate one to use.

It's a set of gods. In this case, the set of gods responsible for exploits. :shake:

3. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh, turns out that video game medpack might actually become a thing. link -- Except not really,

from the article;

XStat is a first-in-kind hemostatic device for the treatment of gunshot and shrapnel wounds on the battlefield. XStat works by injecting a group of small, rapidly-expanding sponges into a wound cavity using a syringe-like applicator. Each sponge contains an x-ray detectable marker. In the wound, the XSTAT sponges expand and swell to fill the wound cavity within 20 seconds of contact with blood. This creates a temporary barrier to blood flow and provides hemostatic pressure.

Still though, go science !

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Looks like a slightly more advanced emergency patch-up than superglue.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So I found a new local swimming pool that actually has higher diving boards because I like to dive. Unfortunately I discovered my bathing suit does NOT like to dive properly with me. I need a new bathing-suit.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Is that just an excuse for you to buy a new swimming suit or are you actually gonna buy one meant for water sports? :p

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Why can't it be both ? Also, why bother diving at all ? Screw that noise, people die in water. I'm not going nowhere near that nor should anyone. Humans can't breath in that either, y'kow.

8. Dice

Media:
    @ Flix, I am very good at surviving in water

@ Kenth, I don't need to make excuses to get the things I need. I do in fact need a new bathing suit.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    In my experience, women need an excuse for just about everything. :p

10. Dice

Media:
    Sounds like your "experience" is completely subjective.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm pretty sure "objective experience" is an oxymoron. :shake:

---------- Added 12 hours, 35 minutes and 12 seconds later... ----------

I seem to have contracted a strain of rhinopharyngitis whilst socializing. :(

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Urh, the interet is sooooo sloooooow right now. I keep seeing dudes doing...something to the cable box thing outside, guess they're fixing it. Fine internet I'll just read a book.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Don't be ridiculous. Play a game!

14. Ofelix

Media:
    I would, but my gpu is kinda old, I've had my olde Radeon HD 5700 since '10 you see. Whereas reading uses the most advanced graphics in the universe... imagination

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That GPU could probably run about half of the games in my library, which is a substantial amount.

16. Dice

Media:
    Books are good.

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I can't say I agree with such a blanket statement. There are plenty of bad books out there and physical ones are worse for your eyesight than any modern computer screen.

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Invent a board game then Ofelix. Bot imagination and a game!

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah, I'm'a go with Dice on this one. Books are great. Sure some might be bad, but all thing considered they're both useful and awesome. Would we have had all those Bioware games without LOTR ? Would we have had Game of Thrones on tv without it first being a book ? Hell, would we even have had *culture itself without books ? I think not.

All hail books ! mighty they be amongst .... something, look it's not even 8 AM and I haven't had any coffee yet. I'll think about finishing it later.

20. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    All hail LotR for the standard fantasy setting. You'd think standard fantasy would be an oxymoron, but it's hard to deny that fantasy has definitely been standardised.

Game of thrones I could definitely do without. Both the books and the series. Though if you fancy TV boobies, then I suppose the series isn't so bad. Did Martin ever finish that series of books? Or is it still out in limbo?

And there was culture long before there ever was even a small percentage of the populace that could read, so there goes that theory.

I like a good book, but I hate starting in a book and then discovering it's a bad book instead. If something rather unappealing to my personal tastes happens in a book, it leaves a stronger and longer lasting sour aftertaste than a TV series or a film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.