1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *waves* Guess who's finally gotten around to playing dragon age and therefore inevitably ended up shuffling back here? :D

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dragon Age Origins was a great game, to be sure. Hope you enjoy it.

3. scion of felagund Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

icewind dale

i am no mathemetician, i am a history teacher, and can answer most questions about how to beat icewind dale... before i can answer any questions, i have been assigned the task of creating 10 posts... not sure why, but this is #1

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 47 seconds later... ----------

mandatory post #2

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 14 seconds later... ----------

i have read about many of your struggles with icewind dale, but have to filabuster 8 more posts before i can help

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 44 seconds later... ----------

okay...7

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 48 seconds later... ----------

six

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 59 seconds later... ----------

now that i'm down to 5, are there any old-school icewind dale gamers still around?

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 26 seconds later... ----------

as silly as this is to read, it's even sillier to type...but i understand that in order to comment on game posts, i first have to make ten posts

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 32 seconds later... ----------

almost there

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 32 seconds later... ----------

i know icewind dale has been criticized for its graphics...and rightfully so...but i have found the gameplay among the best i have seen... i bought into the neverwinter night set with great hope...and the graphics were obviously better, but something was lost.

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

one more to go

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 52 seconds later... ----------

and now (hopefully), i can help people walk through icewind dale

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    hmmm ... one post ... maybe you should have taken some math. Kidding aside, welcome to the boards.

You can post to any forum without the 10 post requirement (it would be rather pointless to require 10 posts to make a post ... we're not the US government) -- I thought the 10 post requirement was for new threads, but I'm not sure.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    scion... we can all see ALL of your posts. The requirement to make 10 posts is before you can post on people's PROFILES (this is to prevent stealth profile spam). It would be kind of weird to require you to make 10 posts in threads before you could post in threads, non? :shake:

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A rather bizarre first post... but I suppose some points for effort should be awarded. :p

Welcome.

7. scion of felagund Gems: 1/31

10 posts

i appreciate it - i was unclear as to the posting rules, and it looked like i had to post 10 of my own before i could help answer questions...but i DID have some helpful info to offer on icewind dale... so i was motivated by good intentions.

Taluntain likes this.
  8. Ancalion Gems: 1/31

Ancalion

Hello!
    I say a big hell to all of you :)

Now I get started with a ranger. Then I'd like to continue with assasin.
    Anyone knows, is good to start with ranger, if I 'd like to specialize it for assasin?

Thx
    Ancalion

9. Marceror

Media:
    Welcome Ancalion. A big hell to you too. :D

It might help if you shared the name of the game you're playing.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not sure whether I was more amused more by being told to go to the "big hell" or that "ass a sin" ... it certainly is a weakness, but not a sin in my point of view.

11. FenrisKaine Gems: 1/31

Welcome ME and HELLO YOU!!! :)

Taluntain likes this.
  12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Because. Hi.

Taluntain likes this.
  13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey DR! Welcome back :)

14. WinstonSmith6079 Gems: 1/31

Thanks; Glad to Be Here....

Glad to be here; thanks for having me.

I'm a long-time player of CRPGs (among other games), have been playing them since Telengard [C64] { http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/telengard }.

Does this forum have anything much to do with retro CRPGs?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hah, well, technically all the IE games are quite retro by now. The original BG was released in 1998, so 16 years ago... but we've got quite a few members who've played games even older than that. You'll find threads about older games in The Playground forum, if we don't have a dedicated forum for them.

16. WinstonSmith6079 Gems: 1/31

Excellent! This is gonna be a cool place--I can tell already! Cool! hehehehehe

Again, thanks for having me here! I'm gonna make some posts! hehehehe

17. Taluntain

Media:
  18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm. Still lurking at times.

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Seriously . . . Been quieter without you. Hope things are well.

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    All is well, I've just been crazy busy. I've had four different employers in the past 18 months, and believe me that wasn't by design.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.