1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone playing Inquisitor?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Marceror, Sep 7, 2012.

1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I never got past the beginning, as for some reason I can't get it to start anymore. The outline of a window pops up when I click on the icon, then disappears again and nothing else happens. I suspect some kind of driver conflict/issue, but am too lazy to figure it out.

My impression was that it's a fun game, but tends to drag itself out a bit. The start for instance is not much harder than the start of BG1, so you have to kite your enemies constantly, except that the enemies relatively a lot more hp. Which in turn means that all the fights tend to take a fairly long time.

Also on the subject of kiting: The price for arrows really shouldn't be that high. Most of my funds ended up going into the arrows =/

Aside from that, it's a big world with lots to do and people to talk to and it doesn't hold your hand, which are all things to like about it.

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What class did you play Henkie? As a priest I could kite with spells. I don't think I used many arrows at all.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was a priest, but didn't if you're kiting by casting, you'd just spent more on potions instead of arrows. I'd think, anyway. Maybe I should've tried it anyway.

4. da2pacalypse Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For anyone interested in having the 4 person parties that you saw in screenshots this info will help you. From what I've heard there are 4 possible human companions. Hugo Montesque, Olfghard, Jacques and Nicolas. There screenshots your seeing is party consist of you and Olfghard, Jacques and Nicolas. I don't know yet if theres a companion limit; I'd like to keep my dog. Hugo is usually the first or second companion you'll meet so his level would be fairly high and you are less likely to ditch him for a weaker companion. The problem is no other companions want to fight alongside him except for your dog. Each one will say stuff like hes evil he can't be trusted so thats your hint, you've been warned; three times actually. Rogues get an extra generic soldier with each title upgrade. Priest get their own extra companion at third rank and paladins get access to each brotherhood chapter so no extra companions. Paladins are tank strong anyway. I've heard the priest is the strongest class and the paladins struggling with werewolves by act 3. Olfghard (act 1) is a archer who will most likely be underleveled by the time you meet him in comparison to Hugo. Jacques is a knight found in act 2 and Nicolas is a monk found in act 3. I'm still in early act 2 so I'm going to be on the lookout for any other companions but most likely thats it. Finding info online for this game isn't very easy.

5. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ^ Nice one.
    I just recently started to dabble in this game and trying to get a feel for it.

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's been a while since I played, but I don't recall this being an issue. I recall that my mana pool became quite large, and that I could cast a large number of spells before running out. I also seem to recall a large number of potions dropping in the game. And I didn't always kite. My priest could hold his own in melee, and with his dog and Hugo it was even better.

7. enclave911 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've been playing again, after giving up getting past the cave in Act 1, and I'm playing as a priest this time around. It's much easier being a priest in this game than being a swordsman. I hardly have to use potions due to having spells for healing disease, health, and a few attack spells seem to take out everyone. I'm also downloading the new version and maybe they fixed some of the translation issues and the enemies becoming super tough really quick.

---------- Added 0 hours, 32 minutes and 33 seconds later... ----------

but I'll just grind anyways, like Marceror suggests.

8. Marceror

Media:
    Not sure I'll ever come back to this one. It's a huge, massive game, but a lot of that bigness comes from repetitive dungeons that become a chore after a while. It's enough to make you not want to launch the game for yet another long grind fest.

And a game with so much reading required is awesome... unless the writing is lacking, as it is here (at least in the English translation).

It's a shame. There's a real gem of a gem buried under those flaws.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.