1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Phaere bug in Solaufein's mod ?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hamadrys, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Hamadrys Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I had just finished the Kuo-Toan dungeon to retrieve the item for the matron mother when I decided to install Solaufein's mod. I had been through all there was to say regarding the romance with Anomen, so when I read Solaufein could be installed without any need to restart the game, well...I installed it at that point.
    Now I went and did the beholders dungeon after the installation and saved before entering the mind-flayers dungeon. I have 2 sets of save + the autosave. Well...when I am imprisonned at the very beginning of the mind flayer dungeon, Phaere teleports in the cell, tells me she knows who I am really, turns red and attacks. Of course, after I got out of that dungeon, all Ust' Natha had turned hostile !!!
    Even if I reload the save before I enter in the mind flayer dungeon, and go to Ust' Natha, I don't even have time to reach the temple of Llolth that Phaere teleports in front of me and attacks.
    Well, all that makes me miss the little quest with the eggs and Solaufein's fake ones. I can grab the real eggs and get them to the dragon, but them there is no Solaufein waiting outside
    What to do ? I do not have saves older than that.
    Thanks...

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] This is the reason why I do all other dungeon-crawling stuff (mind flayer citadel, beholder caves, kuo-toa lair etc.) before entering Ust-Natha and initiating the quests within. For you have a very strict time line to do the quests which Matron or Phaere gives to you, if you delay too much they will get suspicious, and reveal your trickery, which means lots of bad things.

Return to your save before entering the Mind Flayer city. Check your journal. You have unfinished bussiness in Ust-Natha, I guess Phaere has ordered you to visit her in the female fighter's society or such in a 'hour', so that she can discuss either Solaufein's demise or her plans for Matronhood or such! Be quick. Be very quick, even use CTRL+J cheat if neccesary. If you delay and/or get captured by Mind Flayers she gets angry and foils your disguise, which makes all Ust-Natha enemy to you, and you will never get Solaufein to join you, unfourtunately. :(

3. Hamadrys Gems: 1/31

I already met her in the 1 hour timeline, spared Solaufein's life, gave her his cloak. I am at the point where I have to give the items to the matron mother. Last time I played, I did all 3 of them without problems... Even if I haste my party before the mindflayer lair, still I do not have the time to reach the temple of Llolth ! I will try your way though, because it is just very irritating to go through the whole thing and mess up ! Thanks for the tip.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

No problem, you may use CTRL+J cheat to teleport to any point in the map, or you may even try to CLUAConsole:MoveToArea trick, if you do know the Temple of Lloth's AREA number. Or if all else still fails, Felinoid here can give you an exact CLUA code to edit the timer of quest so that you can have more time. Nearly every problen is solveable once you have the right codes withing this game, don't worry!

Cheating stinks but if this is the only way to reach in time, so be it, for in the final you will really appreciate Solaufein by your side! :thumb:

5. Hamadrys Gems: 1/31

Thanks for your help, Silverstar, it is very appreciated :)
    I never used any cheat before, but gotta do it this time. I typed the Debug Mode=1 under the [Program Options] in the baldur.ini file. However, I can't open any CLUAconsole window or even make the CTRL+J work at all.
    I must do something wrong somewhere. I know there are 2 different [Program Options] in the ini file. Do I have to type the Debug Mode=1 under each one of them ?
    These are pretty dumb questions, but I am really not familiar with how it works.
    Then, do you type CTRL+J and them point to where you want to go ?
    Thanks !

6. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Program Options section should be right at the top of your baldur.ini file. Make sure you've quit out of the game before attempting to edit the file.

The top of my file looks like:
    Once you've entered the necessary, close (saving changes) the baldur.ini file, then restart your game. Once you've loaded, press CTRL and Space to get the CLUA console up.

You don't need the console visible to use CTRL+J (or any of the other cheat hotkeys). However, if you use CTRL+J a lot, your characters may miss important triggers as they walk around.

7. Hamadrys Gems: 1/31

Ok, I DID it !!! I don't know what I did different but the CTRL+J worked. YES!!! I have Solaufein in my party now.
    I would only used cheats when I am definitely stuck, otherwise not.
    I am very thankful for your help, guys. You rock !

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

This isn't a bug with the Sola mod, btw. It's a feature of the original game.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Yes, Sola mod is quite bug-free unless you have tons of other mods to cause a conflict. (like I did in the past :( )

10. Hamadrys Gems: 1/31

Correct, not a bug. My bad... Didn't realize I had a timing before finishing some stuff for the matron mother.
    I love Solaufein and the mod. Thanks for guiding me through all that :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.