1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What mod to change BG1 res? Or how to change select all to A button?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by hedron, Jul 15, 2014.

1. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

All I want is to change the resolution to 800x600 and maybe some bug fixes. I try bardurdash, field of the dead and tutu. Everything's fine, but I cannot press A to select all and then my OCD kicks in and here I am stuck.

I do not know why I cannot select all with the A button. I change it in keymap.ini file but it does not work. There no such selection in the bgconfig.exe menu's. I do not know what was wrong with the original config.exe, but I don't mod games. I can only use the = button, but that is all the way across the keyboard and since I use that key compulsively I want it on the left side.

Thanks.

Oh... I have TotSC and I'm running Win7 64bit.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I know there is a widescreen mod for BG2 that does higher resolutions, but I'm unaware of one for BG1.
    However, you CAN use those mods in conjunction with the Tutu or Trilogy mods that let you play BG1 under the BG2 engine.

As for the difficulties with reassigning key, the A key is normally assigned to toggle the party member's AI on or off. Perhaps you need to reassign the AI to another key (or unassign it) to free up the A key for select all.

Finally, the G3 Fixpack has superseded Baldurdash. I only recall one significant bug left after Baldurdash, that being the difficulty of dispelling the charm on that one guy on the top floor of the De'Arnise Keep.
    However, the Fixpack is designed to be used with the G3 Tweak pack, which superseded the ease-of-use mod.

3. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Wait, You can dispel the guy in De'Arnise Keep?

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    First, that is part of Baldur's Gate II:Shadows of Amn
    Second, it is badly glitched, especially if you don't have Baldurdash or G3 Fixpack installed. It has a CHANCE of working with Baldurdash or Fixpack V6 (I just checked and it's up to v10, I may have to update)
    I just looked up the G3 Fixpack, and it says they have an alternate fix in the beta fixes, so it seems that they STILL haven't gotten that script working 100% of the time.
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/docs.php
    Search for "Glaicus", and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Here's a link to the page that talks about the G3 fixpack
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 31 seconds later... ----------

Oh, to the OP, you want a different Fixpack for BG1.

5. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I think I know what's going on. With TUTU the ' . . ; characters are unusable. I don't know what else this bug affects.(or is it effect? lol..)

---------- Added 0 hours, 27 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

I don't get it. This has to be a bug. I don't know why I can't change the stupid key location? You can change it in the default BG, but not in tutu.

Why is there not even an option to set 'select all'? It doesn't make sense.

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tutu uses the BG2 defaults key-configs. Which is A=Party AI.

If you are using some non US keyboard, like me, the 'select all' button is the Asterix.(*)

:)

Goin' back to the original question, the Widescreen-mod works on BG1 too.
    If you prefer a Vanilla experience.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Is this the only key configuration that you can't re-assign? If you can't re-assign anything, and you are using Vista, 7, or 8, it might be a UAC issue rather than a bug with BG.
    Even with XP, it might be a permissions issue if you are playing on a limited account. I never tried installing it to an NTFS volume, only to the FAT32 C drive on a dual boot system with two hard drives. The Windows 98SE C drive and the Windows XP D Drive.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.