1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where have all the good men gone ...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by happy1, Jan 25, 2002.

1. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just wiped out the Twisted Rune - food fight. I was pleased that the pit fiend fought for me most of the time. It was very cheesy to have to run around the table until it was unsummoned but necessary as 2 were dead, 1 mazed and 2 gone.

Where are the 2 characters that are gone (their portraits are gone from the right)? I resurrected the dead ones but I have lost 2 characters!! I used a scroll of freedom but that did not bring them back.

Any thoughts?

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You've lost them for good afaik.

This happens when an NPC gets wiped out beyond resurection. Either disintegrated or hit down to less than -10hp.

If you need 'em back I think you have to go back, re-load and do it all over again.

3. happy1 Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Oh dear, as they had some good stuff and I will be short of mage fire power.

There I was thinking that I had done a good job ...
    Time to think of a diferent tactic or wait until after level 3.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    And I thought in a good fight all my enemies are dead (though they had their chance - so no cheese tactics) while all my party is alive ... ;)

When a character portait disappears that character is indeed gone for good, beyond resurrection - as a result of overkill: A massive amount of damage in a single hit that puts your hitpoints to -10 (as Viking said) ... that's what happenes when your enemies explode to little pieces ... for example when a dc kensai-thief backstabs :D ... and as you saw that can happen to your party too ... like when you make Aerie melee a dragon or golem :D ;)

How about reloading, casting protections on your party and then entering the room with Shandalar the lich (the one that talks to you) again ...

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 25, 2002).]

5. happy1 Gems: 3/31

Yep, will do.

I don't ever get the gore when I kill people. I remember turning it off at the start and now the option is no longer available. Now I would like to see those bits of meat splashing accross the screen.

6. Ragusa

Media:
    IIRC you have to enter "BLOOD=1" under game options in the Baldur.ini ... though I'm not sure here ... it has been a while :)

7. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Food Fight?
    Wow, how did you manage to do that?
    Hmm... Pie of Fiery Burning 2d6 fire damage?

But seriously now, I don't understand. What do you mean the option is no longer available? IIRC just go into Game Options and click on the button next to GORE.

8. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] IIIRC it has been disabled in the german version (for example, maybe in some others as well) for youth-protection ... the gore was considered excessive violence ... :rolleyes: ... you you have to enter the code in the ini-file and the option re-appears ...

9. happy1 Gems: 3/31

I actually have the English version but it is installed on a German machine.

It just that the Gore slider is nowhere to be seen.

Could it be because I play in one of the unsupported resolutions? I will try the blood=1 if BG thought to turn it off due to the German operating system.

(typo above; i meant to write 'good' fight: but that is an interesting topic - delayed blast curry does 1d6 per level and 1d4 the morning after.)

10. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I only played on the insane difficulty level once. With firekraag I permanently lost yoshimo but accepted it and moved on. Also I had only one character left alive. He couldnt carry all the equipment so I had to go to trademeet resurrect all and go back there to pick it all up. now that was tough ;)

11. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I had the gore problem with most of my IE games. This here works for both English and German versions.

Under game options type these in

Memory Access=100
    Blood=1

Should work fine

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Oh yes, I forgot the memory access .... tss, tss

13. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

hmmm, food fight. How would the battle go?
    Genric mage: Casts melfs minute mince pies
    Lich: Casts Custard Pie
    Genric mage did 4 damage to Lich
    Lich did 3 Damage to Genric mage
    Jahiera: Casts Hot Wok China food
    Minsc: Go for the pies boo! RAAGH!
    Jahiera did 10 damage to Lich
    Yoshimo: Critical hit!
    Yoshimo: PIEEEE! yeah!
    yoshimo did 8 Damage to lich
    Airie: Casts roast turkey
    Lich: Casts protection from Cooked food
    Lich: Cooked food resistance
    Lich: Casts Chaotic Curry
    Aierie: Death
    Jahiera: My sandwich has no effect!
    Genric mage: Casts Stew and Dumplings
    Genric mage did 12 damage to lich
    Lich: Death
    And that concludes the food fight.
    Or did you mean 'Good fight'? :D...

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Tiny Nit: When a char portrait dissapears, it isn't always beyond ressurection. When a character is stoned, it's portraid dissapears, but you can still get him back by casting a stone to flesh scroll on him...

Losing Chars permanently is the biggest pain, especially when you don't have a decent save...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.