1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nasty things done to joinable NPCs. Spoilers and admissions.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] How about we admit the nasty things that we did in the name of self in BG.

Imoen. Ran away without ever letting her speak. Or used her to get 5000xp from Shoal the Neried by getting her kissed and dying.

Kivan. Letting him get kissed by Shoal for my 5000xp.

Montaron and Xzar. Shoal the Neried?....

Jaheira and Khalid. I got the belt of gender bender and put it on Jaheira and then ditched them in the Friendly Arm Inn for a "nice new life".

Edwin. Got him minced by Drizzt so that I could then use the arrow strategy to kill Drizzt.

Dynaheir. Chopped her up with Minsc and Edwin in the party instead of freeing her.

Xan. Left him in the Nashkel mines.

Yeslick. Drowned him in the Cloakwood Mines.

Shar-Teel used her as basilisk bait.

Garrick, got him zapped by Silke in Beregost.

Tiax. Fried him with arrows of detonation, fireball and potions of bombs.

Quayle. Gave him some gifts. Scroll of ugly, weak, stupid etc. When he gets feebleminded by it, he leaves the party and is too dumb to talk to you.

Eldoth Cron. Let him live.

Skie. Killed her with Eldoth.

Faldorn. Killed her by letting her run into wyverns.

Heaps more, but let's see what you did...

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] I sent Khalid deep into basilisk territory, just couldn't stand him anymore.

Then - erm, well I didn't do much bad, being good-aligned - lawful good that is.

3. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Quote:

"Dynaheir. Chopped her up with Minsc and Edwin in the party instead of freeing her."

I was gonna do that when I played an evil game. :rolling:

What was Minsc's reaction? :heh:

4. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I was once in a battle and clicked on the attack button for the whole party. I meant to click on a monster, but accidently clicked on Khalid instead. I didn't realize it at first and thought his cries were because he was being attacked by the enemy. Once I realized what happened it was actually kind of funny, so I let it continue. He is so annoying anyways.
    Usually when I find NPCs that come in pairs, but only wany one, I send the one I don't want ahead into a battle to get killed and keep the one I want.
    The gidle of sex change on Khalid is always fun too

5. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I love giving the girdle of sex change to Edwin - he needs the practice. :D

I also had Jaheira whack Khalid. (What? He was getting on her nerves, too. :p )

6. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Let's see. Yeah, I remember that time I let Yeslick drown. *giggles at the memory of it* It was funny, I just wanted to see what he could offer my group, but I didn't want him, so I left him in the mines, then he drowns. Man, that was funny.

Ok, um, I had Shoal the Neired kiss Jaheira and kill her, that was pretty funny, but I didn't have a steady cleric in my party, so I had to revive her.

Oh yeah! This one time I actually wanted to recruit Branwen, but then this ogre came along and chunked Branwen before I even got to play with her, that was really hilarious.

Yes, I too, had Garrick zapped by Silke, along with a few commoners as well. Luckily for me, they weren't that important, and my rep didn't suffer for it. Ah yeah, ole BG, good times!

7. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] If you've had Jaheira a while, you'll be sick of her complaining about your omniscience . . . so, I sent her in, all alone, to "soften up" some Greater Dopplegangers. She tenderized them beautifully, which is nice, 'cause they're so tough to eat, otherwise. Of course, we had to carry her stuff, after that, but people seemed to enjoy carrying her stuff more than listening to her, so we dropped her body off at Ilmater's Temple, with a nice note and some flowers . . . call ME "slave driver," will ya . . . .

One other time, purely by accident, I sent Minsc off to fight a whole batch of gnolls, while Dynaheir cast a couple fireballs into the center of the bunch -- i.e., right at Minsc. I thought he had the ring of fire resistance on, but of course, no, and down he went. I felt guilty enough that I started for a temple, then realized that Dynaheir had the ring. Being the evil character that I was, I, suddenly, didn't feel so bad -- it was all her fault. :D It quickly became obvious that Dynaheir didn't feel nearly so guilty as she should about her error, so I stripped her of everything but her grimace and sent her against a Big, Bad Basilisk. She looks much more remorseful, now, in stone . . . .

Earlier in that same game, I couldn't decide which to keep, Montaron or Imoen (he's evil, which is nice for his sense of gorey humour, but Immy's family, so she's got that going for her), so I swiped their healing potions, put 'em both in front, and continued our adventures -- last one standing would be the one I kept. It was somehow fitting for Montaron to fall before a gibberling, being that Xzar, whom I consider half a step above a gibberling, has been his <cough> companion for so long. Xzar and Immy are getting along famously now, thanks for asking!

LOVE this kind of topic!

8. Saruman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

let's see...

Imoen-left her next to Noober
    Montaron+Xzar-ignored them
    Kivan-sent him to Tazok at the end
    Kagain-killed him when he left my party
    Garrick-killed him along with Silke
    Minsc+Dynaheir-left them in gnoll stronghold
    Branwen-left her in stone
    Edwin,Xzar,Xan-left them in Nashkel mines
    Eldoth&Skie-left them in baldur's gate sewers
    Khalid-girdle of masculinity/feminiscity, he deserves that
    Quayle-left him in that hole, full of Ankhegs
    Viconia-didn't help her with the flaming fist

9. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I once tried to organize an all-ethically-neutral party with Jaheira, Branwen, Garrick, Safana, and Xan, so I decided the best leader for them was a true neutral male elven fighter specialized in long bows and longswords, by the name of Zap Branigan. ;)

Naturally, this meant I had to somehow dispose of Khalid to amke room and keep Jaheira. Personally, just sending someone naked into the next battle to get rid of them lacks a little style, so I have a special place that I always use for this sort of thing....

While passing through southern Beregost, I told Khalid to go knocking on doors to ask for some directions. "If the door is unlocked, I'm sure it's safe to just go on inside, Khalid...."

Amazing how lethal spider venom can be to a first level character, eh?

Now, keep in mind, I did this long before BG2 even came out! So once I imported Zap into BG2, and his romance plot started up...well, let's just say that the irony was so funny I had to get my sides stapled once I realized what was happening.... :)

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've mentioned before how much fun I find it to send Jaheira out alone against some kobolds or something like that -- I love Khalid's "Nooo, Jaheira, NOOO!" Being NG, I also have no problem letting Xzar and Montaron join up for a little while, then send them to certain death to make room in the party for good characters.

11. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I like xzar and montaron, they are funny, i keep xzar on as my mage and kill montaron off with a few half-orcs on the road to bergost

"MONTARON!!....I, I.. never loved you..."

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Now if only we could take into consideration food and diet ... we could starve them then :evil:

Or if we blew all our gold on drink and got them to fight everyone ... tavern brawl!

13. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I am playing Baldurs Gate for the first time but not too long ago I left Ajantis to drown in the Cloakwood Mines.My paladin figured he could do wtihout the competition.
    Okay the truth is I wanted Yeslick and was just too lazy to take him out of the mine.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Um, I sent Garrick off as a suicide bomber at the top of the Iron Throne HQ. Loaded him up with fireballs and kaboom! Well, it sorta worked.
    Montoron made good cannon fodder in the Nashkel mines. Wheh I was crossing the water area I just sent him out and et them pepper him while my fighters ran accross to kill the kobolds

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Imoen. Attacked the Iron Fist mercenaries you will be framed for killing at your second trip to Candlekeep.

Kivan. Ever tried to arrow a wolfwere?

Montaron and Xzar. Ankhegs are really nasty sometimes.

Jaheira and Khalid. Was killed when I attacked the druids in the Cloakwood forests.

Edwin. Minsc got mad and he threw a fireball.

Dynaheir. Was killed by us when we were going to "rescue" her.

Xan. Took him and used him as a scout to the mage in the Naskhel mines.

Yeslick. *Glubb glubb* Cloakwood Mines.

Shar-Teel. Killed her in the duel.

Garrick. Ever tried to kiss Shoal the Neired back? He tried.

Tiax. The Iron Fist mercenaries at top of their building are really hard sometimes for a wee little gnome.

Quayle. The ogre mages under the Iron Fist HQ are though.

Eldoth Kron. Attacked him and Skie at her place. No sex before marriage. :lol:

Skie. Died with Eldoth.

Faldorn. Killed her and all the other druids in Cloakwood.

Minsc. Died by Edwins fireball.

Ajantis. Tried to kill us becouse we were evil.

Kagain. Died in the ankheg cave.

Shar-Teel. Flesh golem hits with more than she can take at level 3.

Viconia. Was nice to her, finished the game with her only. And me of course. :p

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

You guys really like to play evil, don't you?
    Well, since I'm good, I've never done anything of that :rolleyes:

Well actually I let them all die in peace. That's also called burn in hell. Actually I fried them all with the Necklace of Missiles :) :)

17. Mariana Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Nastiest things I've done? Well, I like Xzar but I hate Montaron. Knowing that if I told Montaron to leave that Xzar would follow, I devised a scheme to get rid of Montaron the old fashioned way. I gave Montaron a suicide mission by stripping him of all his armor and weapons and sending him to the top of the Gnoll Stronghold. Needless to say, he bit it within a few seconds.

I also gave Xzar the girdle of gender change because I think it would suit him. After all, he does sound like a girl if you click him three times.

I went up to Branwen when she was just a statue and thought about freeing her. Instead, I took my sword to her and watched her shatter into a thousand pieces. Who knew statues could scream?

That's all I can think of for now.

18. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

We have very sadistic players here... :eek: But I'll never do such a thing to one poor NPC...

19. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I put a girdle of sex cage on Khalid, and sent him to fight Drizzt. Never saw him again. Then, I sent Jaheira(SP) in to fight a group of bassilisk, alone.

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I killed Edwin with Minsc and Dynaheir!

I sent Montaron in a suicide mission...

I have Imoen Backstaped a Flamming fist soldier, then I take her off the party and after I have leaved the area!

I let Noober live, WHAT A SHAME :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.