1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shadow keeper

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Vhailor, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Vhailor

Could someone guide me through the installation directory. JUst going to BG2 file on steam isn't working thanks.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't have the Steam version, so not sure. This is from the FAQ of the post that I linked:

Your best bet is probably to post on the Beamdog forums and ask for help with the Steam installation. Someone has probably figured it out.

5. Vhailor

The steam version doesn't work with steam so make sure you buy it through beamdog. Too late for me.

6. Marceror

Media:
    Sorry Vhadin. There have been a lot of issues with the Steam version like patches being released much later, beta options not being made available.

The Steam version is managed by Atari, and they seem to care as much about the game as stampeding bulls care about the people they run down. Which of course is absolutely Atari's MO.

7. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Has there been any progress on this? I can't find the right directory to point the EE Keeper program to. Anyone know??
    Thanks.

How do you play NOT on steam?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  8. Troodon80 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Resourceful

It depends on what version/edition you are using. If you are not using the Steam version, then there are likely two ways to do this (unless you are trying to play on Mac, in which case you really need to ask the Mac Wineskin maintainer on the BG forums).

If you are using the standalone downloader/installer on Windows (downloaded from the Beamdog product page), then it should have a shortcut icon on either the desktop or the Start menu after the installation. On Windows Vista and above, you can right-click the shortcut and select 'Open file location.' One Windows XP, you can right-click and select Properties, you should then have a button labelled 'Find Target...'

In that directory, you should have a 'Data' folder; open that. In there, you should have a numbered folder, '00766' for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition or '00783' for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, depending on the game you purchased and installed. Typically, those numbered folders will be the ones you want.

If you are using the Beamdog client, then it's a lot easier. Open the client, right-click the game and select 'Open game location'. Again, you will see the same numbered folder(s), see above for which one is which. When you select 'Open game location,' it will automatically highlight the folder for the game you selected (so you could just hit Enter/Return).

If the 'folder address location' is shown as default on your computer (on XP, I think it is hidden by default), then just copy that to the appropriate textbox in Keeper.

An example of the folder locations that I have set up on Beamdog are:

BG:EE
    E:bad:Program Files\BeamDog\Games\00766\

BG2:EE
    E:bad:Program Files\BeamDog\Games\00783\

Make sure you also select a game language option. For now, that should be set to en_US on BG2:EE and anything else for BG:EE. Remember, however, that if you select a language option, it applies to both games. So, for example, if you set it to Chinese (zh_CN) and load BG:EE, where the language has been included, it will work fine. Then try to load BG2:EE, it will not work since that language is not currently included with the game (I think). For best compatibility, set it to en_US.

For Steam users, it's very similar to the Beamdog client. Right-click the game in your library, click Properties, then Local Files, then press the button labelled 'Browse Local Files'. That should bring you right to the appropriate folder.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  9. Vhailor

What the hell? BG2 is the best game ever and I think I will just buy the Beamdog version.

---------- Added 2 hours, 23 minutes and 23 seconds later... ----------

Does anyone know how to get eekeeper with the stand alone installation?

---------- Added 1 hours, 35 minutes and 19 seconds later... ----------

I got it, you need to select a language on the keeper

10. Troodon80 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Resourceful

To get EE Keeper working with the game? It's the second paragraph in my post above. A shortcut should have been created either on the desktop or Start menu, use that to find the installation directory. Once you find the installation directory, there should be a 'Data' folder, inside that there should be a numbered folder, the numbered folder is the one you need.

Standard installation directory should be something like C:bad:Program Files\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\.

Basically, it's the folder with the 'chitin.key' file located within it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.