1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you take Morrigan up on her offer?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Beren, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ya know, impregnate her to spare the lives of the remaining Grey Wardens.

When I'm playing a good character, I usually don't.

Morrigan's motives just seem equal parts mysterious and sinister. And the fact that she won't tell you, notwithstanding obvious concerns about a Witch raising a child who has absorbed the soul of the Archdemon, is telling imho. The lawyer in me wishes there was a judge present to 'force the witness to answer the question.'

Also, leaving aside Awakening and viewing Origins as a standalone and complete story, I tend to find the Ultimate Sacrifice ending much more satisfying.

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

In my first (and so far only complete) DA walkthrough I was playing a mostly good mage who pursued a romance with her, and in the end accepted her request. It was a very risky and somewhat reckless plan, but, well, in a way, that was her price for helping you - and I don't mean just the "kill the archdaemon and live", but the entire story. Different PCs have different reasons for going with you: Alistair was doing it because he was a warden and to avenge your mentor, Leliana for redemption (of sorts), Oghren for the fights. With Morrigan, it is this so she could complete one of the greatest experiments ever conceived (while her personal quest deals with her mother, iirc she only goes on it after finding Flemeth's Grimoire). Apart from her being my PCs love interest, and a beautiful woman to boot, not accepting it felt a bit like ignoring what she was after all she did for you. It was a bit sad that you couldn't go with her, though. I think she'd make a pretty poor single mum :) .

What did she not tell, by the way?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always do. I'm not going to die if I don't have to and I won't sentence any other Warden to that fate either. Especially not on some vague misgivings; if some problem with Morrigan or her child comes up later I'll deal with it then :)

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So far 2 for 2 yes, and I can't imagine that my present bad-ass Dalish rogue who is sharing her tent regularly (first character to do that) is going to say no when the time is right. (My female mage made Alistair do the deed, which was kinda funny.)

5. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I was always suspicious that she got the idea after reading her mothers grimoire, I suspect that she plans to inhabit the godlike child at a later date to make herself a godly power...

I decline, since I cant stand her and am glad to see her leave

6. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I did in one playthrough. In my first playthrough, I romanced Leliana though.

7. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I don't mind her offer but I don't like that she refused to let you help raise the child.

Thus I've always turned her down even when I've romanced her.

At this point I generally have Teyrn Loghain along for the purpose of taking out the archdemon and he said he'd rather die killing it and making his mark that way.

So I let him do it as Alistair may be mad at me but he stays king and mellows after his source of anger isn't around.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When I talked to her she said that the point of her being with you was solely for the purpose of taking the essence of the old god. She did not mention her mother’s grimoire or any dark ritual within it. I guess the story changes a bit if you don’t give the gifts to your companions.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was at that point in my latest game last night and decided to run two saves going forward, one saying yes, one no (I role-played my first two characters, so feel I can be free with choices now).

Her conversation with me when I said no was interesting and led me to believe that the whole point of her being along when sent by Flemeth was to have the baby. My thought is that Flemeth's goal was to create a person that she could inhabit that would have extraordinary powers and would not grow old, etc., so that she didn't need to keep inching along having daughter and inhabiting her.

Then, once we got Morrigan Flemeth's grimoire, my take is that Morrigan figured to usurp that opportunity for herself.

At least that's the way I see it. Kinda cool actually.

10. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

My first play through of DAO I may have agreed, but given the number of times I have completed DAO and having played through DA2 I disagree. My thought on Flemeth is that she is an old god and is trying to revive the other old gods in new bodies so that the dragons can once again be rulers of the land.

Morrigan part in the story is to bare a child for the old god soul, but she vanishes at the end of DAO not to be seen again, or so you think for a short time. If you haven’t played Witch Hunt I won’t list any spoiler but it may play a part to DA3 story. To me, Morrigan vanishes to protect the child from Flemeth so that she can raise the child to think for itself.

I hope that DA3 unwraps the mystery about who Flemeth really is or gets us closer to finding out who she is and maybe there will be a fourth game, who knows. Or maybe a DLC for DA2 that explains more about Flemeth.

11. dmc

Media:
    I didn't play DA2 and, based on what I see here, have no desire to do so. Thus, I can be completely wrong. I only based this on the events in DAO, as I have not even played Awakenings yet. I have not played Witch Hunt either.

So there. :p

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

DA2 is worth about $20 with all of the current DLCs. I would wait unti the ultimate comes out with everything and get it at that time. I have only played it once and barely could finish it; that was prior to any updates. They have had about 3 updates since and three DLCs. I heard the latest DLC, Mark of Assasian is really well written compared to DA2 main story.

13. AngelusMortem Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Media:
    Yes. I absolutely adore the Morrigan character anyway.
    Don't always AGREE with her, but she is my favorite NPC.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  14. RockbadgerX Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Resourceful

Hell no... seduce her and dump her.

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LOL! You're honest, I'll give you that. ;)

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My characters generally bonk everyone they can throughout the game (I love the heartbreaking, puppy-dog eyes bit; it makes me laugh) and then I always make sure to take her offer.
    Why the hell would you go through all that just to end up pushing up the the daisies?!

17. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Well, you could just get someone to die for you... maybe a certain annoying biological king?

18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I always thought that someone THAT girly would do pretty much anything you wanted and be liked enough by the proles that you could get away with all sorts :D

19. RockbadgerX Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Resourceful

Well, if stated in another post I'd finished Dragon Age Origins on Nightmare mode 5 times (It's true- I smash the game).

However, it took a couple of attempts to get that capable. So *ahem* yes I took the Morrigan offer the first time (I mean, who wouldn't. Even if I was a chick I would have said, 'honey, I'm probably gonna die tomorrow. Let's do this). The next time I played I suggested Alistair take her (damn! That's come CG cinematics I wish I never saw....)

Anyhoo, Morrigan is a ho. Since I always usually play as a mage I rarely include her in my party. Although, she does have a spanking hot butt for which I may let her come along for a run.

Ironically, she inspires me to work out in real life. Hmmm. That chick is toned because she runs around all day. Perhaps I could learn something from that...

20. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I always play as at least slightly, if not fully, evil, so yes. I particularly enjoy forcing Alistair to do it when I play as a woman. That said, my major weakness is curiosity, so as a player, I'm sure I'll try out the other option at one point or another, just to see what happens.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.