1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BGT: Do I keep my familiar during the transition?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by occam, Jan 2, 2014.

1. occam Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I rolled a fighter/mage (and am currently running from xvarts that make their saves against Sleep, lol) but thought about looking ahead. Do I get to keep my familiar during the transition to from ToSC to SoA, or do I need to summon another one?
    Not sure if it's relevant, but I have the BGT mod installed.

Thanks in advance!

2. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Latest patch/fixpack should be installed before any mods.

EDIT: Just realised this was in reply to the wrong thread. My bad! Can't seem to delete it now...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  3. occam Gems: 2/31

Oh. The reason I'm asking this seemingly pointless question is that I'm roleplaying and I want to stick with the familiar I've initially summoned. So it would be pretty upsetting to go from Cloakwoods (that's where I am now) to Sarevok only to find that I need to restart everything. I realise that it seems a bit extreme :p

Is there no way to sim this situation through the Console? I.e. to create a test character that has finished the first game and is about to transition to SoA, needing only to talk to the Duke Belt to get on with it?

4. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    forme, the familiar became an item in my pack, which was nothingmore than an annoyance because it took up 1 of the precious 16 inventory slots, slowing down my looting. and using a glorified summon at the risk of losing 1 point in Constitution if it dies. i let minsc pick it up from the container in irenicus' dungeon. over the course of the megamod stuff happened, and it ended back in the main character's inventory. then more stuff happened and now it's gone from inventory with no penalty incurred, and im happy it is. perhaps i'll cast Find Familiar again; see if it nets me more HP.

5. occam Gems: 2/31

So your familiar reappeared in the Irenicus Dungeon? That's great! As I said, I am roleplaying, so I want to keep my old familiar. Space won't be a problem after I acquire a Bag of Holding.

If we really want to consider the practical side, it should net an HP bonus. I don't let it out of my inventory during combat for obvious reasons.

6. occam Gems: 2/31

Yup, mistery solved. I summoned beltbrd with clua console (the Belt that sees us off after killing Sarevok) advanced to SoA in a separate savegame and the familiar was behind the trapped painting in Irenicus' Dungeon, exactly as coineineagh said.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.