1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romancing 2 NPCs

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lotlanne, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi, somebody might have asked it before, but I did the search and came up with nothing. My PC has just finished the romance with Viconia (she told him she'll stay in the party, but everything else is over), so can I pick up say Arie and start romancing her? Or do you get only one romance per game? I've played before, and always had one (Viconia, she's the best), but may be there is some way to get Arie after the first one over?

[ August 17, 2005, 17:14: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

IIRC you can only have one romance per game because you are still in love with your lover even though you're done talking with her/him. (NPC flirt pack mod did good job on continuing romance)

So If you really want to have romance with two or more NPCs, you should install romance related part of the Ease of Use which allow you to have two or more relationship without any restriction if you installed whole two things.

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You can only begin romancing two (haven't tried with 3) NPC's. Relatively early on you're given a choice, and you have to consign yourself to one only :)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm not sure but it might be possible to romance a character, empty the slot by leaving the character behind and then have another romance. It's just a rumour I vaguely recall, so don't cast your hopes on it. Romance conflicts occur before anything romantically significant and unequivocal happens between the PC and one of the NPCs.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Your romance with Viconia must be over (i.e., the romance variable must be a 3). You can never have had Aerie in your party.

The romance variable goes to three (not a chance, loser) if any of several events happen:

1) You say the wrong thing and really piss her off. This includes choosing another romance over her (the cat fight scenes, if you chose Viconia over Aerie, the Aerie romance variable is set to 3).

2) You kick the romance character out of the party for too long (the definition of too long is different for each romance).

3) You pick up a possible romance character when another character had a romance variable of 2. The new character doesn't even try to romance you (after all she doesn't want break up such a happy relationship).

I had a romance going with Jaheira and Aerie when Jaheira ran away to the harpers (never got to the cat fights). I didn't go pick her up until much later and my Aerie romance had concluded (after which I kicked Aerie out of the party). I went to get Jaheira and immediately had a romance conversation -- didn't have enough time in the game to complete the romance though.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You could essentially kill the Viconia romance and restart the Aerie romance by setting Global Variables. Just input:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) &
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1), then select Aerie and input:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)

I'm not 100% sure this will work, as I got it from Extremist's Romancing Guide but never had use for it and thus never tried it myself.

7. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's also the multi romance component from ease of use, if you're so inclined.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Or take the easiest way: download that "Concurrent Romances" mod from games -> BG2. ;)

You can then romance anyone you want -even Imoen. :p

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've romanced Aerie, Viccy, and Jaheira in the same game so it is possible. Once they force you to choose, though, it's over.

I'm pretty sure you can't.

10. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What I was thinking about is kicking Vic out of the party, go rescue Arie from the circus, then she'll never even know there was somebody else before. But I remember last time I played after the romance with Vic was over, Bodhi still abducted her and turned her into a vampire. Also, does anybody know how to keep your romance from going too fast, I mean I am not even ready to go to the Spellhold yet, and it's already over. I do most of the side-quests before I go there, but still it's only been 30 days (their time) since I started. Seems like she talks to me every 10 minutes and everything is over before you know.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes you can. Just download the mod and try it. ;)

12. Felinoid

In other words, the Imoen Romance Mod combined with Concurrent Romances.

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

If you have finished the Viconia romance and Aerie was never in your party then it might be possible to romance Aerie.

IIRC the romance variables that govern each NPC are different. Once your romance is over (regardless of how or why) then it should not interfere with any other romance.
    However most stages of the romances are time and event based. If you have carried the Viconia romance all the way to completion then you might not have enough time left to complete another romance.

Further if you intend to continue the game into ToB, your both romances may well be fcuked.

14. Felinoid

@Shrikant:
    So long as one of the @@@@@RomanceActive variables is 2 (completed), no other romance can be started.

@Lotlanne:
    If you haven't even met Aerie yet, you can just input the first command I mentioned, and Viconia's Romance won't interfere with Aerie's.

15. Korick Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It might just be my setup but the “romance with Viconia” is never over at the very end (or suppose to be the end). When she leaves the romance variable never goes to a three is just stays a two. I have played several times and it never goes to a “three” if you always pick the nice responses. The only way it ever goes to a three (for me) is when I tell her off or choose someone other than her. (Am I the only one who has this problem?)

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It is supposed to end on 2. 3 is when you screw it up and it finishes because you don't love each other. Not finishes because there are no more dialogues and you completed it. So it isn't a problem at all. It's completely intentional.

17. Kristal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My character has just finished a romance with Aerie and is currently engaged with Viconia and Anomen. I also consoled Haer'dalis back to being interested and his first love talk and got he and Aerie talking again. I have added some of the bigg tweak's romance tweaks. Otherwise Aerie might have already rebuffed Haer'dalis.... Viconia is on about talk #3, but I think it will go fine... If not, that can be fixed. Anomen's is fairly progressed and I doubt there are any built in romance conflicts for him ;) .

Anywho, Feliniod is right, it's just a little bit of an alteration to have any or all going in one game. There are oodles of tuts out there, just google cluaconsole and aerieromanceactive. That will get you what you need.

On another note, I read somewhere that

[snip]

[ Nothing ToB related please ] - Beren

[ May 16, 2006, 13:46: Message edited by: Beren ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.