1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah but this could go real ugly real fast... she is the daughter of the big boss, who owns the company. :lol:

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah, what could possibly go wrong :p

3. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31

I am either going to get fired or promoted :lol:

I don't care what happens, she wanted, I wanted it, no big deal if it costs me my job I have a few weeks left before getting my diploma! No more boring night shifts!

And besides she's not the first coworker I got to play horizontal limbo with :lol: damn, I wish there was a place where I could be cruder, so many stories I have!

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Go join the MUG and you can be more crude.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So she's your boss's boss and also the highest boss's daughter? This is getting confusing. I think we're going to need a flow chart.

7. Ofelix

Media:
    So from what I gathered

[​IMG]

8. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31

Close enough :lol:

I am a supervisor, so I got a team of my own to manage. My boss manages a district, she manages the entirety of the districts, and her dad owns the buisness.

I hope that makes sense :lol: I worked last night and my boss made no comments about that party so I think that the secret is safe, at least for now. :lol:

9. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You did use..... never mind. Leave it for the MUG.

And now for something completely different: Public transport.

I calculated that in order to arrive at my work only 11 minutes late, at eight a o'clock Am I have to leave at 5:33. It is a casual 45 minute drive. Real casual, not Endor casual.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    I prefer Tatooine casual myself, listening to BYPQ 97.3 FM The SOUND of Moss Eisley with Jor'lam Boo'daq. But it's true it takes en eternity to get anywhere, with the jawa crossings and the occasional sand people attacks, man it's tough in out there. :rolleyes:

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    45 minute drive, that's what, 40, 50 km? You can bike faster than that. Even taking it relatively easy you could be there at least half an hour (assuming 50 km) before the bus does. Well, depending on wind. And the government wonders why public transport is not seen as a viable alternative. Aside from taking you from where you are not to where you don't want to go, it's usually not cheaper than taking the car either.

12. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Ascension Demogorgon is terrifying. In other news, I have recently upgraded to the lofty status of Posting Professional!

13. Ofelix

Media:
    My semester's officially over as of yesterday 16h00. I've a mild hang over, apparently drinking 5 or 6 pints of ale will get you drunk, who knew.

But what's a guy supposed to do now ? I haven't got any classes or lectures to attend, no paper to write or read. What the hell will I do for the next three weeks ?

What's wrong with to me ? Christmas break used to be awesome, now I kinda miss Uni...

On a brighter side, I finally have time to read tome 3 of a Song of Ice and Fire. I guess I could do that.

14. henkie

Media:
    I still have tome 4 & 5 of a Song of Ice and Fire to read, but I don't. It's depressing and not really going anywhere.

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Undead need love too

So I finally come back here after all these years, hoping for some light conversation, only to realize the chatrooms have apparently been abandoned.

What gives? Have all the old cats who still knew how to use IRC gone and got themselves a life out in the real world? :D

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There's a chat function at the bottom of your screen (or at least it's at the bottom of my screen).

:)

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    From what I can gather that's supposed to be a private chat function, seeing as the chat rooms are empty. Are you saying the chat applet replaced IRC?

It just seems like a part of the community has died. Not that an IRC channel full of idling regulars could be considered "alive", but still... :p

18. dmc

Media:
    There's a bit you hit to go to the chat rooms (it's an icon that sorta kinda looks like a dark shaded head with, maybe, a couple of white shaded heads on either side). There's FAI and Minstrel's Medallion, not that they get all that much use.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The IRC channel was just as empty so there wasn't any point in keeping it around any more. This applet is at least integrated with the boards so that when/if someone actually wants to chat, it's much easier to do it and they keep their board avatar and username.

20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I suppose so. Unfortunate, but understandable. Other IRC communities I used to be a part of are also dying.

I guess I'll stick around for a while. Since I'm playing BG1 again back at home, it almost feels like the last decade was just one weird, long dream. :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.