1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random music thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jack Funk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Master of Nuhn likes this.
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ooh! Loved that, Atmer! :)

Let's stay in that genre.

And another one of my all time favs, a bit more uptempo

3. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Glad you liked MoN. :thumb:

The first version I've heard of this song was the BB King's version, and a I really liked that version too. For a very long time I thought the BB King's version was the original one. It was, only, many years later that I discovered that it was originally written and recorded by Syreeta Wright and Stevie Wonder.

By the way, I had never heard of Marie "Queenie" Lyons before, but that song is awsome!

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Girls With Guitars --- Wait A MInute, Baby

5. Atmer

I Put a Spell on You

I first heard this song while digging through some CCR's albums on my teenage years. As years went by, I've stumbled upon many great versions of that song. The most recent version I've heard was the Jeff Beck and Joss Stone version.

Today I was browsing through some of these versions on YouTube, and felt like sharing with you guys.

The original version from Screamin Jay Hawkins has a very guttural sound to it, especially with all the grunts and moans and screaming that he puts on it.

Next, we have Nina Simone's jazzy version. I must say it; I love the saxophone sounding in the middle of this song and how she picks it up after it, which is just brilliant.

Of course there is the CCR's version. It's a very rock and roll approach to the song and it's much more electrified and loud. Also it has a great guitar solo.

Another one that I particularly like is the Joe Cocker version. Actually, I like him a lot. Even tough, many times, I can't understand a single word that comes out of his mouth. :D
    This is a more melodic version which sounds very much like a ballad.

Last but not least, we have Jeff Beck and Joss Stone version. That one I think has a little of everything, good guitar, a little screaming, great musical timing and a modern sound to it.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Neither had I, until about a decade ago, when she became a slight cult hit. I have never met somebody who had heard of her. She made 1 album in the 70s and vanished.

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    John Mayer - Neon

Joe Bonamassa -- Woke Up Dreaming

8. Chandos the Red

Media:
    New Blues/Rock

The Rides -- Don't Want Lies

Stephen Stills? Oh, yeah!

Trampled Under Foot -- Bad, Bad Feeling

Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks on "Misundertood"

Tedeschi Trucks Band -- Misunderstood

Great song, imo.

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    A blast from my youth

I've also been hooked on this song for a bit. Although, I'm not quite sure why :)

10. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    About 10 or 15 years old. Don't fall asleep / in love.

Bent - Swollen

11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I watched myself on youtube today (yeah, there's some vanity in that sentence) and now I got Radar Love stuck in my head.

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Master of Nuhn and Montresor like this.
  14. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    You're a featured star on Youtube, MoN? :cool:

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  15. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Haha! No, not really. I screwed up a game of pool. Radar Love was playing in the pub.

Oh well, I might as well post the vid here.

I look different now, btw. This is before I trimmed my head. :D

Edit: :lol: The Safety Dance analysis was great!

16. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Brand new Buddy Guy -- Best In Town

And brand new Samantha Fish

I Put A Spell On You...thought I would add Sam to the list...

Somehow this got by me: The Great Alvin Lee, of Woodstock fame, passed away last March...

Rock on Alvin. You will be missed.

17. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers -- Runnin" Down A Dream

Joanne Shaw Taylor -- Going Home

18. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Neil Young -- Long May You Run

Jackson Browne -- Rock Me On The Water

Joe Bonamassa and Eric Clapton -- Further On Up The Road

19. Chandos the Red

Media:
  20. Atmer

Awsome version...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.