1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Slaughter at the Horde Fortress

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by SlickRCBD, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sorta doing the XP challenge with a 6-man Lina Inverse themed party.
    One thing I recall and successfully did was sneak into the second level of the Horde fortress without slaughtering the three goblin camps. I got the bonus XP. I then did the sidequest with Yquog and the Dekantur goblins.

Now I've killed Guthma and so I went back and slaughtered the three camps. I know if you leave Yquog alive it can affect later events so I've spared him my blade for now.

Does going back at this point and slaughtering Krunter and his goblins affect this at all if I kill them or spare them?

2. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You ask, because Yquog wanted you to keep him alive? No, it doesn't matter if you kill Kruntur & company. When Yquog reappears, Kruntur's demise is not relevant.

SlickRCBD likes this.
  3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    So, since for some reason I seemed to be channeling Gargos last night, I guess that sentences Krunter and his ilk to death.

I honestly don't see what good can come of letting him live. Letting the other goblin whose name I don't feel like looking up who was having doubts live to take his band back where they came from did serve a good purpose. Instead he'll be preying upon other goblin tribes thus doing our work for us.

So, off to slaughter Krunter and his band.

4. Tharlok Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I usually just kills all orcs, goblins and orogs until I reach Kruntur. Then I do the quest (telling the whelp that he is still alive) and when that is over, I just go back and kill Kruntur and company. There has never been any problems with that... I thought this was the usual way of dealing with this quest?

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I avoid everything to get the XP, then go back and kill almost everything, get and do the whelp/Kruntar quest and then kill them all after that. No problemo

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    If you sneak a few stealth-capable characters through the first level of the warrens until you find the goblin that wants to eat some spiders, feed him all the spiders, then sneak back and give the password at the door, and hurry to the next level you'll get some bonus XP.

I think you're supposed to be able to get the bonus XP even if you kill the door guards and everything in the north as long as you don't alert the three camps to the south, but for some reason it doesn't always work right (probably a bug in the script) so I usually just make a stealthy dash for the exit, then come back and kill them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.