1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The red dragon : a joke or what?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Christian, May 3, 2001.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] What is that big red joke of dragon, i play solo with a sorcerer without the cap remover and the dragon get his ass kicked in a couple of seconde,

i just summoned 5 morkendein sword and thats it

lol

how to you kill that joke, any other easy way?
    :)

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Right 5 mordekainens swords huh, how would you do that? Try to kill him at level 12/13 with your own swords and then talk again.

This is just like casting some cloudkills on the dragon then run away like a mad chicken, come back after a few days finding out the dragon is death and then say: Is that all? What a joke.

Fight like a brave, not like a chicken.

3. Ezmer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Use quivering palm with a monk. I killed him without him even turning red. :)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

tssssk "without him even turning red"
    That makes you proud??? Chicken....

5. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

well, i don't know how any of you can play solo in this game. would you mind telling me how exactly you do this with only 1 character?

6. Ezmer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wasn't proud. In fact...I reloaded and did it right. I was just curious.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well that's better, the easiest way to kill, is mostly not the funniest way :)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ah, all crap - here are the undisputed and doubtless most satisfying and exciting ways to kill dragons, ranking as follows:

A) Cloudkill (of course from the fog of war)

B) Placing multiple traps around a dragon, rest, place more traps around a dragon and repeat it and THEN cast cloudkill from the fog of war

C) Finger of death on a dragon

D) Quivering palm on a dragon

E) Strangling the puny dragon with your enraged half-orc barbarian

F) Singing it to sleep with a bard and backstab it with your two-handed sword

I hope I didn´t forget one

9. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've made about ten attempts to kill the Red Dragon with my approx 11th level party and came close just once. He has my respect.

10. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Try fighting the red dragon...the first time you meet him...you'll die...guaranteed! That's all it takes to end your character in P&P. I know, how about if you get killed by the red dragon you can't reload. You have to start a whole new character(cheats enabled I'm sure). I bet then you wouldn't be calling the red dragon a joke...

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] What is this biz? Calling him a "red dragon"?!?! It's Lord Firkraag to you. People these days, no respect for authority.

12. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] For a low level party I find that the best way is to say remain neutral (dont say your gonna kill him 'n' such) plot yourself around him (so that his wing buffet thingie only affects a few people at most) keep all missle weapon users at a distance and charge!!!(Well, it works for any of my low lvl parties anyway)

13. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

Firkraag is a joke if u engage him in a spellcasting match. no cheating, just a wizards duel.

14. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well I did use capitolization ;) .

15. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you really want a contest, make him mad so that him an his mage friend attack you together, i play on insane as many of you know by now, and i cant cast spells... why? because he will rapid fire that "Fire Spell" at anyone even remotly linked to the spell. so it had to be done with brute stregnth, and with his mage friend helping, its not an easy task

16. Icecold39 Banned

Of course hell be easy if you fight him at a level 14 or higher. i TOOK me forever to kill him. I defeated him when i was only a LEVEL 9 fighter(my party helped of coarse) but my party was only a level ahead or the same i forgot. He's not meant to be fought at a high level

17. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

level 9?? don't u start at level 8?? he's not meant to be fought in the beginning either!

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Icecold, level-9 party ?! .... you´re probably too ambitious, ever considered that? Mr. Firekraag will doubtless teach you a lesson in respect - it is hard enough at level 12 and later .... however, good luck.

<shakehead> these young people nowadays ... <shakehead>

19. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

Ragusa, while icecold is too ambitious (or stupid) level 12 is enough to take him on. Just makes it mores challenging.

NOOOOOOO!!!! Im a frickin goblin now!!! I wanna still be an eye!

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited May 03, 2001).]

20. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Level 10 is more than enough to beat Firkraag!!!
    Good old Breach and Lower resistance works well. Beat him with everything you got and he'll die. Just do it quickly!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.