1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BGT: SoA Chapter 2, need advice about party completion (beware of spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by occam, Jun 11, 2013.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whirlwind Attack -- then Greater Whirlwind Attack at the next level. Nothing else even comes close.

Ten attacks per round with Carsomyr = dead anything.

2. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Are you sure you are not thinking of call lightning? Iron skins has a short casting time like stone skin.

Jaheira is a great tank. She starts with excellent con/dex which means all she needs to be full on awesome is a str booster. Girdles will fix that nicely. Her hardest thing is whether you want more iron skins or insect plagues as both are the best. Just remember to cast insect plague on YOUR closest ally and not on an enemy directly. This will allow you to insure that it will work as the spell will not affect your ally but will auto hit and then will spread to all nearby enemies. This will stop invisible mages from ruining your casting.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  3. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Looking it up in Shadow Keeper, the spell is given as taking 1 round to cast. Maybe you have a mod installed that changes this?

Nice tip on the Insect Plague, though. I always felt annoyed that mine never did what my enemies' would do!

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Mmmmmm... Cheese! :yum: :)

5. occam Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi, I'm in hell.
    Doing the trials.
    I just faced Sarevok, chose not to attack him first, but got no Charisma and Wisdom bonus. What's going on?

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Did you go back to the door and click it to "use" the tear of Bhaal?

7. occam Gems: 2/31

Oh. Thank you, that obviously worked. I thought the reward would be automatical, since I immediately lost my dexterity point in the test of Selfishness too.

Another thing I don't fully get.
    After Irenicus took my Cavalier's soul in Spellhold, I lost my some of my special abilities (like Draw Upon Holy Might). Sure, my Cavalier has a high enough level to cast it as a Priest Spell, but upon defeating Irenicus for the last time, I thought that I would regain the special abilities I have lost.
    This didn't happen.

8. Myrkul Gems: 2/31

You never gain them back. However, if you install the Ascension mod for TOB then you get new abilities to make up for the lost ones.

9. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

I have always had a quick casting iron skins spell and I know of no mod that changes that particular spell (at least as far as I can recall and that is a long time now). Have you tried casting it in game yet? I will admit I never bothered to look at the description I just used the spell and with a druid I did not have any items boosting my casting speeds as those went to the mages.

Now call lightening that has a long casting time. Man do I wish static charge was in BG2 it would give me a good level 4 spell.

By the way in a pinch you can aslo cast insect plague on yourself if I recall correctly. That works great if enemies are about to swarm you.

10. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Just noticed while playing BG2EE that irons kins has a much longer casting time than it used to. Perhaps that is where the difference is coming from.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.