1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help me pick party members for an Evil party

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Valrog, Apr 20, 2013.

1. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

It was a good idea to take Eldoth.
    give him crossbow proficiency as soon as possible. When you see Aldeth the foppish idiot (not our SP counterpart) side with the druids. When you get to Baldurs Gate you will get a crossbow with a + 5 accuracy bonus. Combine that with gauntlets of dexterity or bracers of archery and you have a mage who also happens to be an archery god.

Montaron is also someone who is highly desirable. Besides a dual-classed Shar-teel he's the only thief in the game who can backstab with any regularity. Stock up on them potions of invisibility and Monty can take on whole encounters by himself.

As for Xzar and Edwin- you want mages. I know they are under-valued in BG1 due to the power of bows but a few mages in a party will make hard encounters a walk in the park. Try throwing three fireballs into a group of enemies at once- not many will survive the first round of combat. If you have a druid (faldorn would work with an evil party) you can make your tanks immune to fire which just adds to the fun.

Viconia doesn't bring enough to the party to be valuable, especially if you have Tiax, imho.

gothicangel likes this.
  2. gothicangel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You got me thinking good because i have not got farther yet, but I remember correctly being left off at a shop in Beregost. I'm thinking of ditching Xzar due to his ability is weak, and two he's always the first one to die. *she rolled her eyes with a face palm* I had to keep reloading due to this problem. The thing is he can get annoying with others LOL! :whoa: Last week I over heard him calling someone a hobbit because he hated the second lady in there. I was laughing so hard like, "What did I just heard!?" :eek:

3. IdaGno Gems: 1/31

mea culpa

above described method works for splitting up Khalid & Jaheira, or Minsc & Dynaheir but not Monty & Xzar - if there's a way to split up the latter duo while keeping both alive. I've yet to find it

4. Conradine Gems: 1/31

Although nice and powerful, Viconia have 2 problems in my opinion.

1- from a gameplay perspective, Magic Resistance that counter even Cure Wounds spells is a pain.

2- from a roleplay perspective, I think she's not truly Evil. Basically, she has no evil quirks or ideas, exept some harsh dialogue lines.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, magic resistance is what the drow are known for, and the ToB expansion does give you the opportunity to convert her to the good side.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    They also fixed the magic resistance issue in BG2, but we are in theory limited to BG1 for this board.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.