1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BGEE - Are You Relieved, Disappointed Or On The Fence About The BGEE Announcement?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Marceror, Mar 16, 2012.

?

What is your opinion about the announcement of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

1. I am completely ecstatic about the announcement of BGEE.

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. I am pleased about the announcement of BGEE.

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. I am pleased about the announcement of BGEE but I was hoping for something different.

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. I am disappointed about the announcement of BGEE but will give it a chance.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. I hate the idea of BGEE, and want nothing to do with it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don’t have an opinion at all. I’m just here for the free milk and cookies? What? No cookies? Okay,

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't expect any major changes so I think you won't have to learn much new stuff.

2. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

I still plan on buying this, they would've needed to really flub it up for me not to. It's just that my excitement got a major kick in the teeth when I found out we weren't getting fanciful character models or new CG scenes.

Anyone know what the deal with the shots of the new areas is? They don't look nearly as crisp as the original areas, they look too soft.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Read the other thread here, we're discussing that there.

4. Sjerrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Thanks Taluntain. Good news for my creative aspirations I guess. :) We'll see in september, I just pre-ordered. :D

5. Pabazu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As for these enhanced versions of great classics paving the way for BG3, my main and very weighty concern is that they will with BG3 "update" to D&D v4, which would be paramount to heresy.

v3.5 I'd actually welcome, because it opens up for much more creativity with multiclassing, and, let's face it, makes far more game technical sense than v2 did.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Any BG3 at this point will be 5e or whichever version is current at the time of development. 3.5e is ancient history.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Or, perhaps get away from that nonsense altogether? That would be best.

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

True, and since 4th edition changed the magic system by killing Mystra - leading to the spell plague, BG3 will have to take place several hundred years after BG2 in order to make sense. Ergo: all humans, most dwarves, and anything but the elven characters from BG2 will be long dead.

9. Sjerrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Oh who knows, maybe Edwin became a lich... Plenty of cheesy plotholes available.

10. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Why would that be? They can just place it at the timeframe it used to be in. 95% of the players doesn't closely follow the specifics of the FR. I'm probably one of the more knowledgeable people on the topic in my country, and even I don't really care that much about it.

Following the rules doesn't necessarily mean you're following the setting.

11. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Fortunately, they're taking their time, so 4th ed crap will hopefully be fixed in 5th.

12. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    No need to worry. By the time anyone get's around to making Baldur's Gate 3, we should be at D&D v5 at a minimum. My money's on not seeing another sequel until v9...

13. Ariostel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I subscribe to wasism. (That's wait-and-see ism, friends.)

Montresor likes this.
  14. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Bought BGEE in july and it would freeze in the first formative minutes and couldn"t get past the lock without ctl/alt/delete. This is the first day I've been able to enjoy an old friend again. Its been a long time and many games ago. I have forgotten how good BG is/was. I'm
    lusting for BGEE 2. HURRY

15. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I pre-loaded BG2EE yesterday. So it's coming very soon

16. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Rest scene in the Naskall Mines

I loved the rest scene in BGEE in the mines. The spider spinning down is much better than watching a camp fire burn,:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.