1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coffee

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gaear, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, our seven year old coffee machine just had a full service and I just had an espresso from it and it was awesome. I must remember to get it serviced more often.......

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We've got one of those machines that grinds the beans and froths the milk and everything but I only ever take it black.
    That philistine I married puts milk in coffee though :nono:

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Of course you put milk in coffee - lots of it! It's far too nasty and harsh otherwise. Strong coffee with plenty of milk. Latte's all the way.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah. It's not coffee then, it's milk with a coffee theme.

No milk or sugar required if you start with a good coffee. If you need milk or sugar to make your coffee drinkable then you need to find some better coffee. Or admit that you don't really like coffee.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    HB, as much as I respect your opinion, I think you are totally wrong in the above statement. Black coffee burns the stomach lining. I'm with Barmy on this.

6. Harbourboy

Nothing wrong with my stomach lining. Maybe if you drank 20 espressos on an empty stomach you might have a problem. That's no reason to drown your black gold in a load of cow juice until you can barely taste the coffee anymore. Beer damages your liver, so is that a good reason to add milk to your pint?

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually I prefer Clamato in my beer. And milk is a flavour enhancer for coffee. I still agree with Barmy :p.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, water is a flavor enhancer for coffee. :D You have coffee, you add water and you get a drink commonly referred to as coffee. :p

What you are referring to is mocha flavoured chocolate milk. ;)

Harbourboy likes this.
  9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't know how anyone can drink coffee black. It's like, nasty. Same reason I don't have my tea black.

10. Harbourboy

Spot on there, MoN.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 57 seconds later... ----------

It just means that you don't really like coffee, or you've been drinking bad quality coffee.

Just like I can only eat parsnip if it's hiding in a soup. I'd never eat a parsnip by itself. Because I don't like parsnip.

11. Jutterstub Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dunkin Donuts

We don't have Dunkin Donuts here :mad:, but I love their vanilla flavored coffee...:D

12. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Generally prefer cold drinks, but when I drink coffee I take it black with 2 sugars.

13. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Mmm... Coffee...

I like good, dark, smooth coffee. I like espresso if it's made in Europe. Somehow, I've never had good espresso in the U.S. I've tried making it myself, and it doesn't work. I've tried making it with European coffee, and it doesn't work. I'm sure there's something I'm missing. In any case, no other Americans can seem to get it right.

In Russia, I learned to like Turkish coffee. Normally, I don't like sugar in my coffee, but Turkish coffee is an exception.

I also like flavored coffee: IF the coffee beans themselves are flavored without adding sugar. The way most coffee houses do it by adding flavored syrup is horrid.

I get all my coffee delivered from Gevalia :).

14. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I love tea, Green, White, Early Grey, fruit-based herbals, peppermint. Coffee feels like guzzling down black toxic sludge by comparison.

15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We got a Kuerig at X-mas. The wifey's idea. Though nice and conveient, I still prefer brewing a pot in the morning. Plus, even with coupons and discounts the price is much higher than buying beans.

16. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I really like the Kuerigs, but I agree the price per K-Cup us just stupid. The best I've ever been able to find is about $.50 (and many go waaay higher than that). A cup of coffee from your pot would probably be more like $.10. That's really a "Cut it out, Kuerig!" moment. ;)

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No black tea except for the bergamot-flavored Earl Grey? And tea-less beverages like fruit-based herbals are more properly called tisanes :)

18. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm well aware of the distinction between tea and tisane. A lot of drinkers simply find it easier to use one word.

No, not just Early Grey. I also sometimes start the morning with Orange Pekoe tea.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are attachments for the Kuereg to use your own coffee....

20. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I've never really cared for the cup of coffee I get from those though. No idea why it would be any different.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.