1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Yes, you should be able to make wizard-like gestures at it and see a very tiny internet. They say this is going to replace your desktop soon, but don't worry - you will probably get used to the tiny screen. It's mainly just for Facebook anyway; you don't really need the rest of the internet. :p

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    One day someone will reverse engineer all this technology and we'll have a device you can make a phone call with

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have one of those! It's really amazing. It has this long string like thing with a square end that fits into this little square device on my wall. It makes this ingenious ringing sound instead of playing music... It happened today twice already.

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Neat! My best friend has a phone from an old Belgian telephone booth. A big black monster with a dial so heavy you'd strain your wrist. You had to put Belgian francs in it, but because we live in Holland (and because Belgian Francs are outdated... :p), he tweaked the thing. You get a heart attack when someone calls and his cats loose all bodily fluids as well, so he doesn't use it anymore. It's a cool gadget though.

ION: I was wearing an "I ♥ SU" shirt today that I once got from my Surinam now ex-GF. It's green with a yellow heart and red characters. The colours of the Surinam flag. And because I mentioned Surinam 3 times already now, I guess you have an idea of what SU stands for. Nonetheless, lots of people ask me if it means Soviet Union. Except for a nice chick from Curacao. Yup.

I've been celebrating someone's birthday long enough now and I guess I need some sleep. As well as aspirins and a lot of water. Nighty Night, folks!

5. Dice

Media:
    It's after midnight and I'm wide awake at home after a nice evening out. I drank a Bristish Bulldog which was very nice and another one with caffeine and something that tasted good and a shot of tequilla and a Corona. Then I came home and smoked some very nice birthday weed (sorry Tal I know I shouldn't say that but its my birthday and so I'm hoping I get away with it):p And anyway the point of this story is that if anyone wants to make fun of the fact that I posted this very buzzed then you are welcome to as long as you take it as entertainment and don't get offeded :p. Happy birthday to meeee :p hehehe sorry . I shall exit now :p

---------- Added 0 hours, 18 minutes and 14 seconds later... ----------

I have to say that I came dangerously close to posting a blog entry. But I saved it in draft instead. At least I have the sense to do that because I vowed I'd never post another blog entry under the influence of anything because that was not really professional. However this is the Random Babbling thread so I figure it's appropriate enough in the fact that my thoughts are a little random atm.

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 18 seconds later... ----------

Sorry I don't know why that double posted. It's probably my fault though :p So sorry to make you read things twice.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    a shame Dice.

I have to confess that this forum is one of the few social media that I use. I have never used facebook or twitter. (or its peers)

First day in the garden. Still a bit nippy, but dry. Removed a few early weeds, dug out a small pear three that gave awful tasting fruit.

For some reason a wimbledon match is on. A young Billy jean King against someone else.
    Sure like to replace the other one with Serena Williams.

8. Dice

Media:
    Thanks Tal :)

@Merlanni - I know it is a shame. Actually I am a little embarrassed about my excessive writing last night. :o Thankfully I did not get too adventurous with my posting. Sense enough to stay away from facebook :p.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Can't say I was sober when I wrote mine, so you won't hear me. :D

10. Dice

Media:
    That's good Mon. Hey we both posted drunk on the RB that made for a pretty good party night here :p.

11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Exactly! That's because we had good reason to:

:)

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    And of course every day is someone's birthday! :beer: :beer: :beer:

@Dice: Belated :hbd:

13. Gaear

Media:
    So what is today, day 2 or 3 of Dice's birthday festival week? MoN is going to be in bad shape by Friday. ;)

14. Dice

Media:
    Oh no - pleassse don't give me an excuse to continue :p Now I get a birthday week eh. You up for it Mon ;)?

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 56 seconds later... ----------

Btw Gaear I think you should join in the celebration :D You have any alcohol of choice?

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No shame for much writing. We were hoping for something naughty.

16. Gaear

Media:
    I'm a straight whiskey guy I guess, but I don't really drink much.

17. Dice

Media:
    Ok, next time I find myself in such shape I'll try to be naughtier :p

@ Gaear - I like Vodka myself. I think for now a nice cup of tea will do though.

18. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Oh yep! The 2 weeks that contain the most birthdays (in my world) are the first week of March and the last week of October, especially my own birthday. Or is it Death Rabbit's? Or my sister in law's or one of the many others?

I'm also almost out of Whiskey. All the bottles of Islay whiskeys (Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Smokehead, Laphroaig) are empty and the Tallisker near its bottom. Gaear... You got some left?

Edit: Oh! Never mind... I found a bottle of some cask strength.

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of whiskey, ive just and got a new bottle of Laphroaig. Lovely stuff.

20. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've just recently developed a taste for whiskey. The only problem is that it goes down just a little too easily and before I realise how much I've had I'm completely plastered...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.