1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The completely unofficial "The Order Of the Stick"-thread (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lunne89, Apr 24, 2007.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

I had to read the forum to understand what just happened there. I'm not liking this on first impression but I'm willing to see how it goes. And Mr. Scruffy better not be disappearing from this comic!

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Biggest forum reaction in years.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't realize he was a vampire ... cool.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah - there apparently was a contingent of readers that had called that a while ago. Surprised me in the strip before this one because I generally don't follow the threads on the forum at all. I read the one for 870 and was pretty intrgiued, especially when Rich confirmed it in that thread.

6. dmc

Media:
    Wow - they're coming fast and furious (at least by GitPG standards). Go Durkon, go Durkon!

Edit: And another one right away. I guess Rich's hand is better.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Go, go gadget ... dwarf.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think there's been more strips in the last week than in the last year (hand injury notwithstanding).

9. dmc

Media:
    Well ... um ... damn.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Finally a plot twist that we can actully sink our teeth into.

11. dmc

Media:
    Oh, man, that was just terrible. That was so bad is was turrible (tm - Charles Barkley).

12. Splunge

Media:
    You're just jealous that you didn't think of it first. :p

13. dmc

Media:
    Nope - not my humor style (at least not since roughly second grade). :p

Edit: Well, Rich finished his 9 strips in 9 days promise.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What the... I didn't know this was here! I should check out Booktalk more often, I guess, as well as other parts of the BoM, perhaps.

Anyway... I love OotS. Along with The Oatmeal it's the only webcomic I check. Last pages of OotS were nice. Tragic, but nice.

15. Splunge

Media:
    Belkar continues to be my favorite character.

16. dmc

Media:
    Absolutely. He's probably the most fun character to write for as well, which is why my opinion is that Belkar's death, prophesied so long ago, will only happen at or near the end of the whole story. Just as the Belkster doesn't do the fuglies, I think Rich doesn't do the OOTS without him.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, death doesn't necessarily mean the end (nor does it have to be a literal death), but I suppose you're right. The end of Belkar would mean the end of a good webcom.

For some reason, I fancy Durkon an awful lot as well.

As for the latest comic: I love it when Belkar keeps the party in check. :D

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I thought Belkar was going to become undead
    and stop breathing
    , thus fulfilling the Oracle's prophecy. I was wrong. here's the prophecy -- I found it!

As of strip 572: "Belkar will draw his last breath -- ever -- before the end of the year."

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  19. Splunge

Media:
    #887 - WTF?

20. dmc

Media:
    Sort of a dream sequence. They are mesmerized by something in the place (note the runes on the wall in the prior strip) and this is just their ideas of a post-victory march. Given that some of the people in the swirly panels are already dead, but the OOTS guys don't know that, it's clear that this is "all in their heads"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.