1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Something wrong after beating Sarevok?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Martin-Gbg, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Martin-Gbg Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hallo boys and girls!

Excuse me for my english....

After I have beaten Sarevok - what shall happen?
    For me, the screen turns blue and there is a message to place another cd in the cd-rom, dont remember wich one.
    I have beaten him before, but that was years ago. Aren´t you suposed to be transported to Ulgots Beard (is it spelled that way)?

Another problem:
    I think you should see Ulgots Beard (in blue) on the map. I don´t see it. Is that a big or a small problem. Please don´t tell me I have to start the game from Candlekeep again...

Can anyone help me please.....

Martin, Sweden.

2. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Have you installed the expansion? Without that that town will never appear. In addition beating Sarevok means you beat the game and the game ends. I think the game will make a final save which if you install the expansion is used to start the game in Ulgoths Beard which may be why you are thinking that is the correct order. So my step by step instruction is...

1. Make sure you installed the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion.

2. If you have that installed then do not fight Sarevok and go to the area that is the bridge. Go to the eastern side of the map and then head north past the house. Doing so should open up Ulgoths Beard if you have the expansion installed.

Martin-Gbg likes this.
  3. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    After you beat Sarevok...the final cut-scene plays.

4. Martin-Gbg Gems: 1/31

Yes I have installed Tales of the Swordcoast. I will try to go there and se what will happen.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    For me, it shows up on the map right from the beginning of the game. I have Tutu installed, though, don't know if that affects anything.

But as said, it's content of the Tales of the Swordcoast expansion.

And the game ends right after you beat Sarevok, even if you left all of his friends alive.

6. Martin-Gbg Gems: 1/31

I remeberd wrong when I said that you would be transported automatically to Ulgoths Beard after Sarevok died. It is as you say that you load the "final save" and probably start upp in Ulgoths.

My problem now is that there has not been a "final save" made.
    When Sarevok died it said there is a final save made but there is not a save in that name. Maby its just bug in the system, I will have to beat him again tonight. Ones you know how to do it is quite simple.

I tried to pass the bridge, met a new guy, some smuggler. walked north of the house but nothing happend to the map.

Okay, my son has woke upp so I will try tonight again.

Thanks!

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 47 seconds later... ----------

Whats Tutu?

Another for Totsc?

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Tutu is a mod for BG, that converts the first BG to run on the BG2 engine.

The final save should've been made right after you've killed Sarevok. It's really only useful to export your character, though, as there's no way to exit the area in which you fought Sarevok. It should be right at the top of your list of savegames (not at the bottom where normally new savegames show up). At least that's how it is in my game. The game is officially over once you've defeated Sarevok, though.

If you want to go to Ulgoth's Beard, go to the Bridge area leading into Baldur's Gate and go north. Follow the east bank of the river and go up. This should unlock the Ulgoth's Beard area. Though in my game it is always there, even at the start of a game, it's just grayed out like Baldur's Gate, the FAI, Nashkel and Beregost is and I can only travel there once I've travelled through an adjacent area.

8. Martin-Gbg Gems: 1/31

Now I killed him again but still no final savegame.
    I have deleted some savegame that I don´t need, just to make space if that was the problem.
    I tried to walkto the bridge, then north to the farmer with problem with zombies, to the top of the screen and then east trying to go to the next map in the upper right corner, Ulgoths, but Ulgoths did not appear on the map.

I read somewhere that if you uninstall baldurs gate your savegame would still be on your computer, and not uninstalled. So if I do so and then install baldurs gate and then install totsc the problem hopfully would be solved. Does it work, do I dear?

9. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

When you beat Sarevok, the game ends. If you want to go through the expansion, you'll have to go back to an older save, before you beat Sarevok. IIRC, if you take the north exit from the east side of Dragon Bridge, you should be able to go to Ulgoth's Beard, east of the zombie infested farm.

10. Martin-Gbg Gems: 1/31

Hallo Gorgon.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I have tried that and it doen´t work.
    Ulgoths will not appear on the map.

---------- Added 0 hours, 45 minutes and 25 seconds later... ----------

When sarevok dies this happens.

Right after he dies it says that there is a final save made.
    Then it goes a few seconds and the screen turn blue and a text:

Baldurs Gate error: Media removed from drive.
    Plaese insert disk number 4 in cd-rom.

So my question again is. Can i uninstall Baldurs Gate and install it back with all my savegames still on the computer?

11. Conradine Gems: 1/31

Never managed to play Tales of the Sword Coast yet... but I will, soon or later.

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why did you necro a 3 year old thread to comment that you plan to play ToTSC?
    It adds nothing to the discussion.

13. Conradine Gems: 1/31

Ah, one user wrote that it's needed ToTSC to continue the play after beating Sarevock.

It's true, I could never enjoy having Sarevock as "best enemy beaten" displayed on the character info.

That discussion helped me. I didn't realized the expansion was needed to manage to get the reward for beating him. ( the 15.000 xp and the name under "best enemy beaten" since the game immediately stops after defeating him ).

14. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Media:
    IIRC the game STILL stops even with ToTSC installed. What he was saying was that you need to load an earlier save from before you entered the final underground temple to explore TOTSC.
    Sorry, my last save for that game is from 2014, so it has been years since I last beat the game.
    However, I did not get TOTSC until years after I got BG1.
    I'm sure that the exact same thing happens whether you have it installed or not.
    The game ends, you are prompted to make a final save, and the credits roll. You do not get to loot Sarevok's corpse or continue on.

15. Conradine Gems: 1/31

Awww.

I hope there's a mod somewhere to do that.

16. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    With the new expansion Siege of Dragonspear, you do get to continue your travels in and around baldur's gate, though a lot of the old areas are blocked off.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.