1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Sujamma Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello, argento! Don't worry, you'll get a proper, high paying job soon!

Also, I see that you're a Tolkien fan. The Lord of The Rings Trilogy FTW!! :D

2. argento-dtw Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, I for certain hope that everything will go well :)

I absolutely am a fanatic when it comes to LOTR - I'm actually in total hype & consequent madness for the upcoming Hobbit movie ;)

3. tedrod Gems: 1/31

A big hello to all out there. First day here. hope all is well with everyone and GL.

4. donnyray123 Gems: 1/31

my own quote

best not to covet what best not to have

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 18 seconds later... ----------

found this thread trying to get past a certain part of icewind dale 2.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard donnyray and tedrod! :)

6. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hello again, its been a few years but I'm glad to see a few old faces still around. Passing by and waving to all, missing some BG2 fun.

7. DarkFool Gems: 1/31

Hello! I signed up an account mainly to hassle Taluntain about T-A being down, but since this forum covers many of my favorite games, I'll probably be lingering around.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Been a while, Eldular. Glad to see you again. Merry Christmas!

9. Scatman Gems: 1/31

Introducing Scatman

Hello, all. My name is Lucas, or Scatman as my username suggests. I have used these forums before for my Baldur's Gate 2 modification purposes, but never thought of joining until now. I would like to say that I do have a good first impression of these forums, and based on the rules, all, save one, which I agree with, this seems like a clean and polite community, a rarity nowadays. I am unsure of how popular this forum community is, as Baldur's Gate is a quite old game, but I hope I can be of service to it where I can.

10. MacNamergy Gems: 1/31

Hello from MacNamergy

Hello, everyone! I'm so happy to have found this site. I'm a Neverwinter Nights addict, and now I have a place to share my nerdgasms. :D

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard! :)

12. Ludovik Duty-bound

Media:
    An Introduction to Ludovik

Hey Everyone!

I just joined the forums about two days ago, I've been so busy taking in everything on this site that I haven't had time to post.

I just wanted to say that when I stumbled upon this site while playing Planescape: Torment my heart skipped a beat. I read a lot of gaming news, theory and discussion but a lot of the time the emphasis is on genres that I'm not really interested in. Nearly every single link on the front page has caught my interest and already; I had no idea that so many people were interested in the games that really captured my heart and my attention. I don't know why I never sought a community of people who felt the same as I do before!

Some personal info: I'm twenty-seven, from Nova Scotia, Canada. Also, married to a nerd queen (no kids). I played a tonne of BG2:SoA and ToB a couple of years ago but my main preoccupation for a long time was World of Warcraft with a lot of small indie platformers thrown in to break up the monotony. Anyways, right now I'm coming off a bad break with MMORPGs. The story goes: about a week ago I was spending hours a day grinding in WoW, basically it took up all my "game" time that I have these days. So, this would have went on indefinitely I think if for some reason I didn't stumble upon Good Ol' Games (they aren't paying me to say that). I was browsing there and Planescape: Torment caught my attention. I had heard so much about it and knew of it offhand. Anyways, after reading about it, I picked it up and ever since I woke up on a slab I've been hooked. I forgot what gaming was about, how exciting and emotional a well done story can be.

Anyways, that's how I ended up here. I'm just so pleased, I can't wait to get to know all of you better (and to figure out how to get my avatar to work!)

- Greg

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard. Good choice of a game to come off the MMORPG addiction.

14. kellie Gems: 1/31

Hi all! New to the forum and just wanted to say hello!:hello::hello:

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hello! Welcome aboard. :)

16. Samuel Carpenter Gems: 1/31

Hello all i'm new to this..just downloaded icewind dale seems really fun haven't gotten far.lol.any ways I don't know if this is the right place to be asking this but here it go's.........as I have stated i'm new to icewind dale and I want to build a strong druid my question is ... what race would be good and how should my stats be?.....any advice or opinions would be helpfull..thanks

17. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Welcome to the boards!

This isn't the right place to ask IWD questions, especially since you already asked the same question in the right place. Be patient; I'm sure someone familiar with Druids in IWD will answer your question in the IWD forum... :)

18. YvonneRSnyder Gems: 1/31

Hi there

Hi everyone!

Newbie and want to meet new friends here.

[​IMG]

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's nice, Yvonne! :) Stop by at the Whatnots for a little small talk!

20. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    Hello everyone, I'm new here to the community. I was looking for an interesting and friendly RPG gaming community and stumbled across you guys!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.