1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Updating Weidu version to install Ease of use Mod

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Amnasty, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Amnasty Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi

As the title says, I want to install Ease of Use Mod IWD2 of Weimer but the **Sticky** Mods thread suggests to update Weidu version before installing the mod.

I have no knowledge about it and need some hints on how to update Weidu version?.. (Downloaded Weidu Version 2.31 This is the latest right?)

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  3. sansserif Gems: 1/31

Hi
    the setup-ease of use has a problem after i updated to 2.31. i cant enter anything into the prompt. (Replaced setup-ease with weidu.exe and renamed.)
    However, when i installed other mods after ease, i received a message stating that the weidu for ease had been updated to latest edition.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have never replaced anything when modding IWD2. I would start over. Unistall everything. Then Install IWD2, Patch it. Then install Ease-of -Use only. See if it works. IF it does, then uninstall it. And re-install your mods in the proper order... if you search this forum, you will find several threads with install order lists...maybe as a sticky in the IWD2 folder in the Message Boards.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is IWD2 different from BG2 regarding Weidu? Because I know with BG2, you don't need to have Weidu installed to install mods created with Weidu.

6. sansserif Gems: 1/31

About the same.
    The weidu version is the setup-ease.exe (windows executable) of the mod. Simply rename weidu.exe to setup-xxx.exe (where xxx is the name of the mod) and replace the old setup to update the weidu file version.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Weidu is Weidu. No difference. Once you install the newest version, everything else shoudl take care of itself when installing Weidu mods.

8. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's important to make sure Ease-of-use's WeiDU is updated before you install it. Best of all is to update all of the WeiDU installers (the .exe files) before you start installing anything. If you run WeiDU from the same game folder as where you put all the other (unpacked) mods, it should do so automatically for most .exes, but it didn't do it automatically for Ease-of-use for me. Last I tried, I needed to physically replace the .exe for Ease-of-use, but if your newest WeiDU installer said it updated it already, then that should be fine.

After all the .exe files are of the newest version, install order should be of little consequence. Only in cases when both mods overwrite files, like the Holy Avenger sword gets overwritten by both Ease-of-use and Light of Selune. In that example, I prefer to overwrite the LoS version with the Ease-of-use Holy Avenger, because LoS version has a 13WIS requirement [last I checked].

If you ever want to try out Icewind Gate 2, Weimer's incomplete conversion of the BG2 game into IWD2 engine/interface, then you're better off following the exact instructions which I included in IWD2_4dummies. Basically, you can use all the mods you like in it, but they must be installed before you do the conversion, and you can't make any adjustments afterwards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.