1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This legit made me laugh out loud, not sure why. Maybe it just wasn't something I ever expected to hear from Tal :p

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yah, dragons can be soooo unpredictable :p.

3. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Imagine the huge bowler a fire breath could ignite :p

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Might be time to move this into the MUG now.

5. Dice

Media:
    Hey Silvery :) Just wanted to mention that I really liked your last pic with the boys.

Silvery likes this.
  6. Dice

Media:
    Happy Monday everyone. I'm streaming music, writing poetry, varnishing an art object and cleaning bits of the house in between.

I'm concidering doing some performance art pieces. Kind of like poetry recital but maybe involving some painting and visual music for background.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am weak.

The combination credit card/online bookstore has again been higher as the sum that makes up my will save.

The first 3 Iron druid books.

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Absolutely captivated with Civilization V. This is the first game in the series that I've tried, and now I'm wondering why I passed on it for so long.

Any other Civ fans around here?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Merlanni, Amazon UK? I've got a few of their gift certificates that I need to exchange with someone who's buying there...

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cheers petal :) It's not often someone manages to get a picture of us without either Adam crying, Ashley pulling faces or looking away or me looking like I'm constipated :lol:

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No, Kobo. Before you ask E-pub, not kindle.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 17 seconds later... ----------

It makes the treasure greater, Silvery

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    With this being Thanksgiving weekend in the US, there are lots of online sales. I just hope I can resist the temptation to buy a whole bunch of games on Steam, given that I already have 8 games I previously bought on sale that I haven't touched yet - that's enough to last me a couple of years.

13. Dice

Media:
    What games have you bought that you haven't played yet Splunge? I don't game much myself any more except for drawception which hones my drawing skills. My time is spent doing art, taking care of kids, trying to keep my house half clean, and socializing in the evenings.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Right now I think I'm near the end of my first run through Dragon Age: Origins (that one wasn't through Steam). The games I haven't started yet are all through Steam, and all purchased for $5 or less:
    Fallout 3 - GOTY edition
    Portal 2
    Far Cry 2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition
    The Witcher enhanced edition
    Bioshock 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Half-Life 2 Episode 2

The last one is more like half a game, so I guess it's closer to 7½ games. I don't have a lot of time for gaming which is why I think it will take me 2+ years to get through everything, and that assumes I don't do run-throughs of games I've already played once (or more). The good thing is that I don't have any games on my wish list that are more than about a year or so old, so hopefully none of those will be on sale for less than $5 (that's basically my cutoff).

15. Dice

Media:
    Got some nice games there Splunge - I think you should play Fallout 3 next. I still find myself thinking about that game and I played it between a year and two years ago. In fact I replayed it and tried to collect all of the Bobbleheads but ended up missing one for some reason. I even saw a picture of an old hotel the other day and it made me think about the Ghoul city.

16. Splunge

Media:
    I was going to play Left 4 Dead 2 next, mainly because that's one of the first ones I bought, and it's the only one I've actually downloaded. Fallout 3 was actually further down my list - after L4D2, I'll probably play at least Portal 2 and Witcher before I get to Fallout 3. But that could easily change by the time I get to making that decision.

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you liked Portal, Portal 2 should be right at the top. Fantastic fun.

18. Splunge

Media:
    I loved Portal. Normally I don't like puzzle games, but that's because there is often no logical way to figure out a solution other than than by trial and error. Not Portal - you can usually get a good idea of what needs to be done before you start. Great humour too - I lol'd at the closing scene and the song that followed. Portal 2 is definitely near the top of the "next up" list for me.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can't get GOTY to work....

20. Splunge

Media:
    And on a completely unrelated note, from the most recent post in The Big Hello (Again) Thread, apparently someone though this site was an actual witchcraft site. Cool. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.