1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Project Eternity - Sorcerer's Place Fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Would you donate to immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity?

1. No, sorry

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Yes, in the range of $5-24

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Yes, $25

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yes, in the range of $26-49

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Yes, $50

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Yes, $75

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Yes, $100

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Yes, $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, $175+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oops, looks like I missed you, sorry about that, fixed now.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What the hell - why not! Despite saying no originally, I'm joining the schizophrenic club and have thrown a small bit forwards. No need for a digital copy of the game, as I'm keeping my kickstarter donation there.

Taluntain likes this.
  3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Three more donations, from Montresor, Rotku and Ineth have raised our total to $1554! :thumb:

4. Taluntain

Media:
    Myrkul has upped our total to $1579! :thumb: Only a few more hours left - FINAL CHANCE!!!

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So it is funded and it looks like it is going to be a great game. Now to just sit back and wait. And wait. And maybe participate on the Project Eternity forums.

Is there a way to let them know that I was a $25 backer through SP so that I can get the "Backer" badge on their forums?

6. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well now it's time to work on an idea for the item, correct? Any idea when Obsidian will send the form so we know what's needed?

Also, I will be out of town without computer access for nearly two weeks, so don't go and rush through everything without me! :mad:

7. Myrkul Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I can't wait until we can make either an item or npc. It sounds like a nice way to immortalize this site. If we all manage to include our names in the item history, or have the npc mention each of us in an interesting way then that would be amazing.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I doubt that will be possible. In the BG series most items had a story though so maybe they will here now and we could write something that unobtrusively points toward the SP community.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Good question... would be a bit of a logistical problem as we'd need to verify every such user here and on the Obsidian's side though. I'm going to ask and we'll see.

Yea, we'll start gathering ideas shortly so that we at least have a general direction. I like the idea of a spellcaster weapon or artifact. I doubt Obsidian will be sending out anything soon, but we'll see.

P.S.
    I'll be processing the last dozen or so donations later today, so if you haven't received a mail from me yet, don't fret, it's coming! ;) I'm also hoping to award the achievement icons later today - Ineth's made a great one for us.

The final amount we've gathered was $1579. I'll round it up to $1600 and cover the PayPal fees (about 5%, so my contribution in total is around $100).

In short, the Sorcerer's Place community will be contributing a nice $1600 for the making of Project Eternity! :thumb:

Marceror likes this.
  10. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not bad Tal. More than 1.5x the original goal, and we will be immortalized, plus some extras. Thanks for the update, and for managing this process along.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, friends, now you know. :p

12. Taluntain

Media:
  13. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31

In regard to game keys, I assume Obsidian will be asking for who needs what (Win/Mac/Linux, Steam/GoG) at some point and that you (Talauntain) will let us know when that time comes? Great! Thanks! :)

14. Taluntain

Media:
    I assume everyone will be able to choose which version they'll want to download from either Steam or GOG, yes.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    I've processed all the donations and sent out most of the remaining e-mails, but a couple of SPS accounts I hope to finish later today, along with the achievement icons. It's been a busy day, sorry for the wait!

16. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31

I got my email regarding an account, but since I'm leaving tomorrow, I don't see the point in doing anything right now. I'll respond when I get back.

17. Taluntain

Media:
    Np, you can do it whenever's convenient.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    The shiny new Ouroboros awards have been handed out to all the SP immortalizers with BoM accounts! If you're among those who have donated but did not leave your username in a note with your donation, please contact me with your username either via PM or e-mail and I'll set you up as well.

A big thank-you goes to Ineth for making such a great icon!

19. Taluntain

Media:
    I'm still waiting to receive our digital keys; I'll post more info on redemption as soon as I get them, so watch this space!

20. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31

Watching! It'll take me long enough to download the thing on my turtle internet connection, but I've been waiting two years so it's not like it's that much longer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.