1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo mod?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lethis., Mar 24, 2004.

1. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I was wondering if there was a way to save Yoshimo? (though im not holding my breath) or if there are any mods with him in it? it sucks that he dies! :toofar:

2. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm fairly sure there isn't a way to save Yoshimo in the game Lethis. All you can do is take his heart to a temple of illmatter, like he asks. I think it sucks that he died too, he was cool. Mods...i have no idea about them...

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The Ruad mod (no longer in development, but you may be able to dig up a copy somewhere) allows you to make an item that will summon Yoshimo's spirit once a day. That's the only one I know of though.

4. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Gehn - I agree, Yoshimo was a legend in my eyes, oh how he died... :wail:

[ March 25, 2004, 14:38: Message edited by: Lethis. ]

5. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The best way to keep Yoshimo is probably through the Tourtured Souls mod, it adds areas to the game, 2 original Joinable NPC's and some old BG ones, as well as 2 PC romances and a Kachicko (Kara-Turan Kensai(7)Mage dual class) Yoshimo romance.

The problem is it's not Wediu, so you cant use othr mods with it unless you use it in conjunction with Big Picture, and a couple of TS patches.

Despite this though it's a good mod, and it does a very good job at giving Yoshimo a history and an interesting character, I think he is very well and very accuratly portrayed, though I havent finished the entire mod yet.

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Is Tortured Souls compatible with TOB? I've always felt the game lacked something because there wasn't a decent single class thief in it. If TS works with TOB as well, it would be well worth getting.

7. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

David W: Yes

And also Yshimo is a great Thief since he can be dualed to Fighter.

You can even SK him to Kensai and call it roleplaying because he is Kara-Turian :D

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hey, a bit of a thread ressurection here, but it came up when i searched "tortured souls" and was the most promising among those listed.

can anyone give me more info on this mod? I've just downloaded it and am about to start a new game. Is it true that if I install this I can't install any other mod? Is it buggy? Thanks guys, feel free to let me know what you think about it, I'd like to know if it's worth the playthrough (not to mention the download time I already went through :rolleyes: )

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That is what I call a resurrection! ;)

Cleric over here!!! :pope:

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

curses! just as the very last part of tortured souls was installing, it said that some files were corrupted :mad:

i have an SoA only install and it went wrong while installing the weidu.exe file specifically.. do I need ToB for this mod? bec. my ToB is missing..

11. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Never tried it but does anyone know if
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Yoshimo")
    followd by
    CTRL + Q
    would work after he dies. (i've never kept him in my party as i usually make a thief pc or take Jan)

12. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Err ... I Ctrl-Q'd him while he was waiting for me in the tavern in Brynlaw. Didn't give him the chance to talk. His heart was in his inventory :shake:

@Stu
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("YOSHI12") or something should work. The creature 'Yoshimo' is used in cut-scenes and isn't the type that you can really use. Then Ctrl-Q will in all probability work.

13. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

i thought you cast flesh to stone in chapters 2 or 3 then stone to flesh in chapter six or alternatively cast imprisonment on him them freedom

14. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    A little birdie told me that tortured souls is weidu, now. It can still, however, cause some compatibility problems.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.